Limbsaver vs Kick Eez Slip-On Recoil Pads - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Default Limbsaver vs Kick Eez Slip-On Recoil Pads

Hello, everyone. I'm getting my Handi in 500 S&W ready for the range in preparation for the start of deer season. Right after I bought the 500 S&W Handi a couple of years ago, I had the stock cut and installed a Limbsaver Slip-On Pad so that the LOP was to my liking. Thus far, I have no complaints. However, the Kick EEZ slip-on recoil pads with the sorbothane inserts have me intrigued. According to tests on their website, the Kick Eez is substantially more effective than the Limbsaver. Of course, I am dubious as to claims on any website, since it might just be marketing hype.

So, for any of you who have had the opportuntiy to try both of these pads, in your opinion is the kick Eez pad more effective? I'm assuming like thicknesses for both pads (ie, my Limbsaver is 1" thick and the regular Kick Eez slip-on pad has a 1/2" sorbothane insert with the option of adding 2 more 1/4" inserts).

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Limbsaver vs Kick Eez Slip-On Recoil Pads

Never used the Kick-Eez, but I use the Limbsaver. Buy the Walmart version for 1/2 the price if you are smart under the Winchester branding. I paid full price for one right before I discovered they were the same. It really tames down my .45-70 & .45 Colt BC's and Muzzle loaders. 8)

Tacklebury --}>>>>> Multi-Barrel: .22 LR Versa Pack, .223 Superlite, 7x64 Brenneke 24", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 10:15 AM

i'll chime in for the limbsaver( the one walmart sells). Don't know about the kickeez, never used one. I have used the limbsaver and while the kickeez may be better the limbsaver is plenty good enough and the fact that they go out the door for about 20 bucks and you can switch it around at will on different guns sold me......Mike
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. It wasn't a deal breaker either way. I already have the Limbsaver installed on my Handi. I was just curious as to the effectiveness of Kick Eez. To-date, I've only fired relatively light loads out of my 500 S&W. If I ever do get to shoot some heavy loads, I'll need all the recoil reduction I can get. Hence, the reason for my question.

Thanks again for your input.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 11:35 PM

Gun Cabinet

At Tim's recommendation I put a Limbsaver on my 45-120. Absolutely NO complaints! I never tried the other one but this one ain't broke! ;D

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute. Currently a Gentleman of Leisure.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsof
I had the stock cut and installed a Limbsaver Slip-On Pad ,,, However, the Kick EEZ slip-on
I think the key words you used here is "slip-on".
You may find a little more satisfaction with the Limb Saver if it was more perminatley installed vrs slip on..
The Grind to fit are easy to install and lends a bit more stability,,
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 12:42 AM

I like my slip-on Limbsaver. It really helps. But sometimes when I'm doing a lot of shooting with my 30-06 Remington 760, I'll start developing a soar spot, so I'll use one of those wearable pads in addition to the Limbsaver. Guess I'm just a sissy.

We rarely think people have good sense unless they agree with us.
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHawaii
I like my slip-on Limbsaver. It really helps. But sometimes when I'm doing a lot of shooting with my 30-06 Remington 760, I'll start developing a soar spot, so I'll use one of those wearable pads in addition to the Limbsaver. Guess I'm just a sissy.
Make that 2 sissy's. I really don't like alot of felt recoil, though in the military years ago I fired some butt-kicking weapons.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:07 AM

FYI some of the shooting vests meant for sporting clays and skeet have built-in pockets @ the shoulder(inside) that accept pads made by kickeez and others.....another option
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Zoner. I'd forgotten about those.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page