Thanks folks - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Default Thanks folks

I just noticed on my profile that I have been a member here for 10 years this month. Thanks for spreading your wisdom and knowledge. I had a 20 gauge topper and a 223 handi rifle when I found this site (Not counting my multiple shot firearms) and I am now a certified Handi-holic that now reloads for just about every caliber I own. I didn't own a single die before I joined. My boys kids and grandkids have even more H&Rs, most of which came from this site either as a whole firearm but usually piece by piece.
You guys have been great. Thank you all.

Make it count.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:30 AM

Big Grin.

That's what you like to see, success story's.

Interests wide and widely varying.
Happily married 18 years. Retired on SS with lots of time to spend.
Started with .223 Ultra Bull barrel. Added .357 Talo barrel. Added an action and stock set bought here, 7.62x39 barrel. Then bought complete guns .444 Marlin and .300 Blackout. Leaving me at 4 complete rifles plus a barrel. Plus a 9mm stub job bought here, and I have been finding and buying H&R shotguns at our local pawn shop where they seem to go cheap.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy5775 View Post
I just noticed on my profile that I have been a member here for 10 years this month. Thanks for spreading your wisdom and knowledge. I had a 20 gauge topper and a 223 handi rifle when I found this site (Not counting my multiple shot firearms) and I am now a certified Handi-holic that now reloads for just about every caliber I own. I didn't own a single die before I joined. My boys kids and grandkids have even more H&Rs, most of which came from this site either as a whole firearm but usually piece by piece.
You guys have been great. Thank you all.
I second that, other than one or two grouches, that's the reason we hang around.

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

A statement of fact: H&R Huntsman & Sidekick blued barrels are made of 4140 steel.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:10 AM

OSR,

Am I the #1 or #2 grouch?

BB

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

MINE: 44 Bodeen Belted Magnum PI (Profino Improved), 44 Bodeen Rimmed, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 26" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, Tracker II 20 gashorty, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 10 gaPardner Smoothbore slug gun, 10ga Pardner Turkey & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Active Trader until: July 25, 2013
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

There is always a Negative Nancy or two on every site but Tim does a pretty good job of keeping folks in check and to limit trolls.
I have learned a lot on here and passed on a little useful information myself a time or two.

Make it count.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

Keeping myself in check is more of a problem!!

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 06:45 PM

Tom, I think you're Number Two. I suspect the guy in my mirror is Number One!!!

Pete

Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family: .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one Superlight .243, standard .243, .30-30, 16.5 inch .30-40, .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55. 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 08:57 AM

Petemi called it the way I see it. But I have no problem with either of ya. I have been known to grouch myself, trying to fix that bad habit.

Interests wide and widely varying.
Happily married 18 years. Retired on SS with lots of time to spend.
Started with .223 Ultra Bull barrel. Added .357 Talo barrel. Added an action and stock set bought here, 7.62x39 barrel. Then bought complete guns .444 Marlin and .300 Blackout. Leaving me at 4 complete rifles plus a barrel. Plus a 9mm stub job bought here, and I have been finding and buying H&R shotguns at our local pawn shop where they seem to go cheap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page