Gun Cabinet
Default Perfect shooting form....

Anyone recognize this ol' fella??? :-D

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 02:37 PM

I'm not sure, he looks familiar, but with that perfect form he must be a real "Deadeye" of a shot!!!....<><.... :-D

"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

And his target??????

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 04:11 PM

They look vaguely familiar, I did not get to see many this season!!!....<><.... :grin:

"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 04:21 PM

Quick.
You talk about skinny looking deer. You're lucky to have a 45-70 to knock them over, eh? You sure the 45-70 is big enough for those animals? Nice pictures my style of hunting, shooting out of the upstairs bed room window at deer feeding in the apple orchard 50 yards away. Then tell the wife to get up and gut the deer. 8)

Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

I'll let Deadeye47 tell the story, they're his pics and his experience! :wink:

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 05:17 PM

Oh..great...I should have known better that to send Quick a photo of myself!! :x Yes..the deer down here are a srawny lot...dress out about 60 to 70 pounds...there are biggies though but they don't get that big by being stupid enough to walk out on a virtual prarrie on a rifle range!! :-D

Story: Had been shooting for about an hour or so at 100 yard berm...the deer came out behind the berm and trotted toward the firing line all in single file!! When they got even with the line (less than 50 yards!) I slowly walked over to my truck and got my camera..we were up wind from them and they just stood there when they got a whiff of us...I shot a couple pic's and then the ole white flags went up and they bolted off....I don't know why we have such small deer in this area..there are BIG deer in certain parts of Texas but not down here...most look like greyhounds with big floppy ears... :-D My old lease had a bunch of spikes on it too...some pretty large bucks but poor antlers....

P.S. that form is from low center of gravity caused by dun-lap-disease.........de belly is done lapped way over the belt buckle....

Fred....sounds like you got um trained right....now what is your phone number and what is your wifes name???? I have some information to tell her... :-D :-D :-D :-D

" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN Norman :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

Great story Deadeye! Thanks for sharing. Those smaller deer aren't just prevelent in your neck of the woods, I've seen some real small ones in parts of the southeast US. Bag limits per year are several cuz they're so tiny and lots of em, I guess! Not true here, 1 deer per year, but they're a bit bigger.... :wink:

ps, the pic is my second post, the original I deleted, it was more humorous!

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 05:29 PM

Yup...I could prolly take um out ok with the 45-70....all the way out to 300 yards...the ole Franken-Classic will shoot!! Two widest shots are 8" apart....that is a 6" shoot-n-see...

2nd post??? Humorous...oh no your not one of those photoshop guys are ya???!! :shock: :shock: ...

" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN Norman :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 10:19 PM

I kinda figured it was Deadeye when I saw the terrain that was as flat as an ironing board!

I think we have an antler problem and maybe a size problem because of a shortage of calcium (lime). Bone and antler are both made up of a lot of calcium and neither east Texas sand or coastal black gumbo have much, if any. They may be able to grow boneless and skinless chickens, but I don't think it works well with deer! :roll:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page