Injured BP agent kills rock throwing criminal invader near border S of San Diego - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Default Injured BP agent kills rock throwing criminal invader near border S of San Diego

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...aves-one-dead/

Injured U.S. Border Agent Shoots And Kills Rock-Throwing Border Crosser Near San Diego By fox5sandiego.comPublished February 18, 2014 Fox News Latino
A U.S. Border Patrol officer shot and killed a suspected undocumented immigrant on a mountain trail in the Otay Mesa area Tuesday, authorities said.

The shooting was reported just before 7 a.m. PST about five miles east of Paseo de la Fuente and Alta Road in rugged mountain terrain, according to San Diego County sheriff’s Lt. Jason Vickery.

Helicopter video showed the body of a man sprawled across rocks in a ravine on Otay Mountain, several hundred feet below a dirt road

The shooting took place as two Border Patrol officers were chasing after a group of people suspected of illegally crossing into the U.S. from Mexico, officials from U.S. Customs and Border Protection told reporters.
The officers became separated and one of the suspects threw a rock at one of the officers, hitting him in the face or head, authorities said. The officer feared for his life and shot the man with his service weapon, killing him, according to the officials.

The border officers took two other suspects into custody.

The officer who shot the man has not been identified. He was treated for minor injuries.

Sheriff’s homicide detectives are handling the shooting investigation. They have set up a command post in the 400 block of Alta Road.
For more stories go to fox5sandiego.com
Follow us on twitter.com/foxnewslatinoLike us at facebook.com/foxnewslatino
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Injured BP agent kills rock throwing criminal invader near border S of San Diego

I hope he's not treated like Ramos and Copean were.

Any Republican not favoring Donald Trump should resign from office and become a Democrat.

"Newt G."
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Injured BP agent kills rock throwing criminal invader near border S of San Diego

I think this shooting really needs investigated.
And my guess is that if I was this BP agent's boss he would be looking for a new job.
If you are chasing someone and they turn on you with a gun, knife a rock or just their fists YOU should drop them before they have a chance to do any damage to you or anyone with you!

One who fails to answer as to what he believes, is a coward.
And the one who fails to back his own statements,,, exposes himself as a liar.
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

David killed goliath with a rock. Good shoot, shoulda got em all. POWDERMAN. > >
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 12:34 PM

Yet another example of over-escalation by today's "warrior police". The guy was being chased for a crime that does NOT warrant deadly force. We have about 12 MILLION illegal immigrants in our country already. He threw a rock... BFD. Better to let him go than to kill him. Follow at a distance and pick up safely when he is at a numerical disadvantage. So anyway... Cops can beat you down, taser you, shoot you for little if any reason at all. Pay attention to this more in the news. You can even be charged with resisting arrest when the "arrest" was illegal and the "crime" doesn't exist. Moral of the story lately is... don't fight back, don't stand up for your rights, don't exercise your rights... the cops will kill you if you do.

NGH

"I feared for my life!"
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 02:13 PM

Location: THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS or CENTRAL FREDONIAN REPUBLIC
Gun Cabinet

even if the cop is a ****head, a smart
man will keep his hands out of his pockets,
stand still when told to, and not try to
grapple with the officer. when one does
that, they are irrefutably in the wrong.
that is, provided the officer is in uniform
and identifies himself as an officer of
so-and-so dept. and is in a marked vehicle.

david of biblical times killed a much
larger man with a rock

The United States doesn't have a gun control problem.
We have a people control problem.

Honor the Texas flag;I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas,
one state under God, one and indivisible.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by no
Yet another example of over-escalation by today's "warrior police". The guy was being chased for a crime that does NOT warrant deadly force. We have about 12 MILLION illegal immigrants in our country already. He threw a rock... BFD. Better to let him go than to kill him. Follow at a distance and pick up safely when he is at a numerical disadvantage. So anyway... Cops can beat you down, taser you, shoot you for little if any reason at all. Pay attention to this more in the news. You can even be charged with resisting arrest when the "arrest" was illegal and the "crime" doesn't exist. Moral of the story lately is... don't fight back, don't stand up for your rights, don't exercise your rights... the cops will kill you if you do.

NGH

NGH. I'm surprised at your post. Rocks can be dangerous weapons. BP agents, cops, even civilians should have the right to defend themselves. If a man is throwing rocks at me or a loved one he WILL get shot. These invaders broke the law by coming here. illegally. If they were all throwing rocks I feel the agents had the right to shoot all of them, it should happen a lot more often. They don't like it, STAY HOME. POWDERMAN. > >
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no
Yet another example of over-escalation by today's "warrior police"
.(1) The guy was being chased for a crime that does NOT warrant deadly force.
(2) We have about 12 MILLION illegal immigrants in our country already. He threw a rock... BFD.
(3) Better to let him go than to kill him. Follow at a distance and pick up safely when he is at a numerical disadvantage.
(4) Moral of the story lately is... don't fight back, don't stand up for your rights, don't exercise your rights... the cops will kill you if you do.

NGH
(1)Cops pulling over a car for a tail light being out have been shot and killed by a perp guilty of more than a broken tail light,,,,but the cop didn't know !
(2) 12 million rocks is A BIG PILE OF ROCKS!!
(3) Let him go? Hmmm, why have border patrol at all if we don't want them to do their job?
(4) What rights did this invader have? What rights was he standing up for? What gave him the right to throw rocks at the BP?

One who fails to answer as to what he believes, is a coward.
And the one who fails to back his own statements,,, exposes himself as a liar.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 05:18 AM

First - I never said that the guy should have been let go. I said "Better to let him go than to kill him. Follow at a distance and pick up safely when he is at a numerical disadvantage." I guess I did say that... but really what I meant was to not escalate to deadly force for someone chunking a rock. We have drones, blimps, planes, spotters, etc. Pick him up safely when you have 3 or 4 guys on him and no one has to get killed.

Yes I know... David killed Goliath. But he used a sling and his hand was guided by God. Then he cut off his head...

Quote:
even if the cop is a ****head, a smart
man will keep his hands out of his pockets,
stand still when told to, and not try to
grapple with the officer. when one does
that, they are irrefutably in the wrong.
that is, provided the officer is in uniform
and identifies himself as an officer of
so-and-so dept. and is in a marked vehicle.
So if a cop pulls over a woman and tries to rape her in the back seat... she shouldn't resist. I mean... he was in a marked car, had on his uniform, had a badge... she should just submit? Stupid.

If you are video recording a cops traffic stop... you should just submit to being beaten for it? It's only your first amendment right... Don't worry, just accept the fact that you are going to get tasered or shot for it.

I remember when I was a kid... we used to have rock fights. Sure glad there weren't any cops around. I might have gotten shot...

The cop had a responsibility to NOT overescalate the situation and NOT use deadly force if not warranted. So unless the guy was beating him down with the rock... the cop and other options that did NOT involve taking his life.

1. ignored it and let him go
2. backed off and followed, pick up later with backup
3. taser
4. pepper spray

While I fully support the right of self defense... if someone chunks a rock at me, pulling my Springfield .45 Compact and killing him is probably NOT my first response. Removing myself from rock-throwing distance is my first response. I would find that pretty hard to explain to a court... "Oh there was a guy that was pissed at me about 20 yards away and he threw a rock... it hit my shoulder and sort of hurt so I blew him away."

What rights did he have? I know someone is going to get Constitutional on me... so flame on... What part of "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL" is hard to understand. It doesn't say "ALL CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES". Oh there is another part... "LIFE, LIBERTY AND ....".

This man was killed for no reason other than he threw a rock... I'm glad my right shoulder doesn't work good and I throw like a little girl with my left. I'd really hate to throw a rock some day and get killed for it.

NGH

"I feared for my life!"
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 05:20 AM

Quote:
(1)Cops pulling over a car for a tail light being out have been shot and killed by a perp guilty of more than a broken tail light,,,,but the cop didn't know !
Better make sure your taillights are good... maybe the traffic cop won't be so nice next time and will just start flinging lead at you... I mean, you could be trying to kill him.

NGH

"I feared for my life!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page