Graybeard Outdoors banner

H&R Model SB2 Mad pardner Turkey 10 gauge

10K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  zackyholdem 
#1 ·
k so i've been pondering getting a 10 gauge for some time now, and wouldn't you know it, my father shows up with a brand new in the box H&R 10 gauge for wy christmas present! It's got the 24" bbl with removable chokes, and came with the XF turkey choke installed--my question is, i see that it is tapped for what looks to be a weaver style rail but where it is tapped is half way down the barrel. what would you guys suggest using for sights? this will strictly be for turkey, coyotes and fox.

#4 ·
I third the red Dot but save your self some trouble and buy a good one I have the same gun you got and it is a kicker...I have a good Truglow mounted on mine now. I bought a cheap tasco that just got shook apart on the big bore shotgun. Then I spent some money for a good one and the truglow has survived two seasons now.

#5 ·
I second the Tru Glos The 1X are on sale at Dick's SG right now and I have 2 of the 2X, one is one my TrackerII and it's awesome The other one kinda floats around but I think it's gunna wind up on my smooth bore slug gun project.

#7 ·
I just picked up a 10 ga. H&R Turkey gun today. Mine is a 2008 Gardner, MA. version (CBA serial # prefix). Big, massive 9 lb shotgun! It's just cool...can't wait to shoot it. Didn't really need it as I have lots of shotguns, but the big H&R just has a aura about it. It was laying there on the table like some nasty beast people were afraid to touch :D. Came with the camo'ed wood & sling, 24" bbl. and XF choke like yours but, for whatever reason, mine is not drilled and tapped ???. Easily remedied, I guess, if I ever decide to put an optic on it. Like I said, can't wait to light off a few rounds with it later this week to see how it patterns.

#8 ·
06xlt said:
well thanks guys, does anyone have any pics of this gun all set up, and any part#'s on that rail?
I don't know the parts #, but if it was drilled & tapped at the factory the regular H&R scope rail should fit I would think. They are right on the barrel accessory page at the H&R web site

#10 ·
TxGun said:
I just picked up a 10 ga. H&R Turkey gun today. Mine is a 2008 Gardner, MA. version (CBA serial # prefix). Big, massive 9 lb shotgun! It's just cool...can't wait to shoot it. Didn't really need it as I have lots of shotguns, but the big H&R just has a aura about it. It was laying there on the table like some nasty beast people were afraid to touch :D. Came with the camo'ed wood & sling, 24" bbl. and XF choke like yours but, for whatever reason, mine is not drilled and tapped ???. Easily remedied, I guess, if I ever decide to put an optic on it. Like I said, can't wait to light off a few rounds with it later this week to see how it patterns.
glad to hear it! it sure is a beast!

#12 ·
I have that exact same setup....H&R 10 gauge setup for turkeys. I put a bushnell red dot on it. It is a beast!! I put 12-13 pellets in a turkey head target at 60 yards with it. It kicks like crazy, but it will certainly lay em down. I'll see if i still have pics in my photobucket.

#14 ·
+1 on the red dot, i've had good success with truglo 1x and 2x and all bushnell red dots, dont waste you time on the cheap red dots especially if your going to be shooting 3 1/2 turkey loads, it will tear a cheap red dot to shreds before you've shot up the whole box of ammo.

congrats on the new gun, Thanks Zack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.