Slugs for Pardner - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Default Slugs for Pardner

I used the remainder of the Winchester slugs that i had and put a box (wish i bought more today) of Brennke KO 's . I've read post that this one or that one shot better , well my Pardner likes the brennke's a lot , at 50 yds 4 shots in a 5in group with just the bead impressed the heck outta me, (an awfull lot of luck i am sure) i think i found the slug when one is needed, and the sweet thing is the local dicks sporting has them on sale for a$1.97, so i will be stocking up on these bad boys.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Slugs for Pardner

What choke do you have in the pardner? Im curious as I just ordered a pardner in a 12 gauge so I can shoot slugs, buck and shot. Ive seen posts all over this forum about what you can and can't shoot.... ;D
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 10:38 PM

The Brenneke's are great, they are accurate and really hit like a sledgehammer. You got a great price on them, I have to check a Dick's next time I get by one, congratulations. These smoothbore Handi's are the best deer harvesting guns made for the money if you are shooting within 75 yards or so. If you get a chance send your gun in and get either a 12 or 20 gauge Tracker I barrel with rifle sights while they still have some left, they are only a little over $50 plus fitting and shipping, and I'll bet they shoot almost as well as those crappy overbored .44 barrels they keep trying to sell to us....<><....

"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 10:58 PM

I love the brennekes and stocked up last time Dicks had them on sale for 1.83.

The best I was able to do with a bead was 3.5" at 50 yds. Definitely accurate enough for an offhand shot.

I was able to get these results with an ic and a mod screw in chokes. There really wasnt much difference.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 11:09 PM

well done lotus, that translates into about a 5" group at 75 yards and a 7" group at 100 yards, smoothbore, a shotgun bead sight, offhand, $1.83 a box of 5, whats not to like, and the gun is light and handy to carry. Imagine if you had real iron sights, or a red dot, or a scope! To tell you the truth though, I would not argue with your success, congratulations!!!....<><....

"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

MSP mine is as you said a smoothbore 3" mod choke right off the shelf. i am very pleased after being away from the sport for so many years to come back to h&r/nef. the pardner is such a neet little shotgun. oh yeah the slipon recoil pad makes such big difference, my next project( i think ) are the studs for a sling . Is there any trick to installing other a small pilot hole for the screws ? anyone who has done this themselves how far back from front of forestock should stud go ? I dont want to take chance of cracking the wood ....
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Mulegunner ,I am sorry i was repling to both of you and saw that you asked about the choke. Its a mod 3" chamber
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 11:59 PM

longjohn, which do you have an older schnabel style forearm or the newer straighter one? If you can wait a fw hours I will check the measurements and post them for you, both on the forearm and on the buttstock, at least where the factory puts them. Besides not wanting to split the wood you want to get them on square to the centerline of the stock and not cocked sideways, be sure you drill the pilot hole straight from both directions and a right angles to the wood at the location of the hole so when the stud bottoms up against the stock it all looks square....<><....

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 06:01 AM

I found out years ago that no matter where you put the sling stud on a single barrel forearm it will sooner or later catch the web of your hand during firing and that hurts.I mount mine at about a 45 degree angle on the very front edge of the forearm.They are out of the way of your hand at that point and it really looks good.In 30 years I've never had one split on me from putting them in this location.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70..it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first one.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

msp ..i think that it is the newer one thanks for the info i am in no hurry, i just had coffee with my buddy ( he has the 20ga ush) and he is still rubbing his shoulder ,mutering muttleys under his breath darn 12 ga slugs from yesterday .......................................... Stan if you have any please post pics of yours , i think ive got it , but you know the old saying ( uuuh read to me from the book,,,,,,,,,, but show me the pics) ......thanks guys .lj...............MSP , is the schnable the one that has the curve in it ? mine is the sraight one...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page