S&W 45c M&P - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 07:28 AM

Default Re: S&W 45c M&P

Lloyd I have a Shield 9mm that I bought bnib. The trigger broke at 8#+ and was very difficult tell when it was gonna go. Instead of the whole apex kit I bought and changed out the sear only with a fully machined one from apex and it worked good. My trigger breaks at 4-4.5 labs, much more predictable. That being said after years of shooting 1911 all steel pistols I am learning to shoot this gun. I think it's the light weight that's throwing me off.... everything is left and a little low but it's not the gun, it's me and I'm sure I will improve with more trigger time.....Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 04:50 AM

I've put 100 trouble free rounds through mine. I cleaned up the trigger before I ever fired a round and I'm quite pleased with it. Accuracy has been just fine as well. I'm going to replace it with a 9mm core as I just don't shoot 45acp much anymore. The M&P is a fine handgun IMO.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the help guys

sixgun addict
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

well I ordered one yesterday. I guess ill find out soon enough

sixgun addict
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

got it today and took it to the range. That's one advantage to no tracking snow! It ran everything without a burp. Put about 300 rounds through it and some were light target loads. Seems like a good gun. I didn't shoot it for groups, just offhand so I don't know how accurate it really is. Trigger is much better then my other m&ps . It probably breaks at about 5lbs.

sixgun addict
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:55 PM

Sorry to rehash an older thread, but why not. Actually thinking of an M&P compact in .40. Have a full size, and like the option of using the longer mags in the compact. Was talking with a friend of mine at a gun show, that's on a small dept. here in Ohio. Not sure if his dept. had a bad run of full size M&P's, but stated they had problems with them. Said he'd never buy one, Smith sent out a 'smith and reworked the dept. guns. I've probably put 3,000 rds. out of mine, and other than a couple of jams when it was new, has always been reliable. Just wondering Lloyd how that .45 compact has worked out, now that it's been a couple years? gypsyman

We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!! Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

its been a great gun as have my full sized 9mm and my 40 shield. That 45 has digested probably 5k of mixed factory and cast handloads and I don't remember it missing a beat even once. Its not a tack driver but shoots the rcbs 200 swc into 2 inches at 25 yards with its best load and shoots about everything under 3 inch which is plenty good for self defense. The trigger isn't anything to write home about. But its gotten a bit better with use and dry firing. I once had it and the full sized 9 boxed up to send in for trigger work but pulled them out of the box because I just couldn't see 200 bucks to have those two triggers done. there not target guns and will never be shot in competition. The 9mm is most a plinker and the 45 sits in the magazine rack between the wife and my recliners in the living room in case someone comes crashing in the door. Don't think a 3lb trigger for that is nessisary. I wish I could do an easy 30 dollar trigger job myself like I do with the glocks but there a bit more complicated and I just done feel comfortable doing it. Push comes to shove id think id hands down take a full sized m&p over a full sized glock. Full sized glocks feel like 2x4s. Now comparing the compacts to my 19 and 23 id call it about a toss up. Both feel good in the hand both are very reliable and both cost about the same.

sixgun addict

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page