Semiautomatic law signed today - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Default Semiautomatic law signed today

According to the NRA, Tom Wolf signed into law, the legal use of semiautomatic rifles for hunting. Wow a huge step for hunters and firearm companies

A used up hag in the White House? Yeah that's what America needs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Semiautomatic law signed today

There is no doubt this will be good for business and the spray & prey shooters, but will it really make much difference to genuine hunters ?
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Certainly will. I have sat on overlooking a creek bottom many times squirrel hunting, wishing I had my 10-22. A follow up shot is much better with a semi automatic. Hands down. This is the 49th state to pass this law and coming from one of the 48, I can tell you that a semi automatic has true benefits in the field.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 11:59 PM

Wow, I didn't know that. Even in Canada a 22 rimfire autoloader has no capacity restrictions.

aka BBF
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 09:54 PM

Thumbs up

Bummer!

I buy most of my guns in Pa. Used to get pretty good deals on semi-autos because you folks couldn't hunt with them.

Kidding aside. Good for you folks on the north side of the Mason Dixon Line.

EVOC ONE
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 10:02 PM

Gun Cabinet

OK glad that was clarified! I thought from reading the title of the thread that barry had snuck some kind of law in banning all semi autos.

Didn't know there were states that didn't allow their use. Good for Pennsylvania.

There may be growing pains at first but the spray and prayers soon realize that is not profitable. I hope there are no injuries before that happens.

or else...................

God Bless America and Donald Trump !
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

It's still subject to approval by the game commission so this might be simply a way to quiet those lobbying for the change. We still can't privatize the sale of liquor in this backward state. Ugh

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 08:40 AM
BCB

As much as many will not like this, I hope the Game Commission doesn't approve the use of semi-autos, except for maybe 22 rimfire. As we know, shotguns are already allowed…

As has been mentioned, the “spray and pray” mentality will certainly be amplified with the use of semi’s…

There is no doubt that there are hunters out there who shoot and shoot and shoot until there firearm is empty. I worked in a butcher shop many years ago and it was a **** shame the death that some of those deer had to endure…

I have nephews who have the AR’s and it would be absolutely dangerous to be anywhere near where they would be located with a semi—period. I stopped them from shooting at my private range…

I’ve hunted for more than a ½ century and I have bagged all the game that could be legally shot in Pennsylvania. I started hunting squirrel in the early 60’s using a model 60 Winchester single shot. I have no idea how many squirrel I shot with that relic. I hunted rabbits with it in the second season by simply walking slowly and spying one sitting or hopping slowly out in front of me. I have owned several single shot shotguns and have had very good success with them…

The past 30 years I have shoot all my deer with single shot firearms, except a few I shot with cylinder guns…

I have nothing at all against the semi-format as the assault-STYLE weaponry, but I really don’t think it has anyplace during hunting season. Just my thoughts…

Guess I’m of the “Old School” and I had my fill of semi’s and full auto stuff many years ago when our Uncle Sam decided to give many of use a “vacation”…

Oh by the way, Sam is still looking for a few good people to serve the Country. He’ll let you shoot all the semi’s and full auto you wish to shoot. I’m sure there are many on here who can attest to that…

Good-luck…BCB
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
As much as many will not like this, I hope the Game Commission doesn't approve the use of semi-autos, except for maybe 22 rimfire. As we know, shotguns are already allowed…

As has been mentioned, the “spray and pray” mentality will certainly be amplified with the use of semi’s…

There is no doubt that there are hunters out there who shoot and shoot and shoot until there firearm is empty. I worked in a butcher shop many years ago and it was a **** shame the death that some of those deer had to endure…

I have nephews who have the AR’s and it would be absolutely dangerous to be anywhere near where they would be located with a semi—period. I stopped them from shooting at my private range…

I’ve hunted for more than a ½ century and I have bagged all the game that could be legally shot in Pennsylvania. I started hunting squirrel in the early 60’s using a model 60 Winchester single shot. I have no idea how many squirrel I shot with that relic. I hunted rabbits with it in the second season by simply walking slowly and spying one sitting or hopping slowly out in front of me. I have owned several single shot shotguns and have had very good success with them…

The past 30 years I have shoot all my deer with single shot firearms, except a few I shot with cylinder guns…

I have nothing at all against the semi-format as the assault-STYLE weaponry, but I really don’t think it has anyplace during hunting season. Just my thoughts…

Guess I’m of the “Old School” and I had my fill of semi’s and full auto stuff many years ago when our Uncle Sam decided to give many of use a “vacation”…

Oh by the way, Sam is still looking for a few good people to serve the Country. He’ll let you shoot all the semi’s and full auto you wish to shoot. I’m sure there are many on here who can attest to that…

Good-luck…BCB
So the whole state should suffer because of your nephews behavior? If semi automatic weapons were so damaging to the sport of hunting, 98% of the states wouldn't allow them. What is an assault style weapon? An assault can be committed with any number of implements and there is no Assault style that separates any two items, unless the story is told by the DNC. So if one hunter is able to load and fire his weapon at speeds greater than everyone else, he is prevented from hunting? This, I believe is of the same mentality. If a single shot is fired in a safe manor and direction, all subsequent shots in that same manor and direction will also be safe. But you already knew this.

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 10:07 AM

Sounds like the anti carry argument, blood in the streets.

Everyone wanting a semi auto is walking around with Rambo complexes? Kind of like everyone with a carry permit is a wanna be cop?

It's a good thing centerfire cartridges we're not developed in this century.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page