Value of citori 20ga special steel? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Default Value of citori 20ga special steel?

Does anyone have a Kelly blue book of gun values laying around? I have been given the task of selling a few guns of my father in laws for my mother in law. Last one to go is a browning citori special steel with 26" barrels. This is 20ga with 3" chambers. I would put the gun around 85-90%. It was a hunting gun but he wasn't pounding brush with it.

I have a guy coming tomorrow to look at it, can't really find much about it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 03:12 PM

Wish you lived close to me. Let me know if it doesn't sell and give me your asking price.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:33 PM

ebonitekid767 - Citori Special steel? You sure that's the model? Most Special Models are 12ga. There's a Special Skeet model, in 20 ga, but you have to know what grade it is, to get an idea of the correct price.

I think what you might have is a Citori Upland Special. Here is a brief description: 12, 16,(mfg. 1989 only), or 20 ga. (2 3/4 in. chambers), shortened checkered straight grip walnut stock (14 in. LOP) and Schnabel forearm, 24 in. barrels, blue finish, Invector (12 ga. disc. 1993) or Invector Plus choking, 6-6 3/4 lbs. Mfg. 1984 - 2000.

Most of this description matches what you said except for the length of the barrels. 80% to 95% is from $600 - $800. BUT my Kellys Blue book is the 29th Edition, from 2008. Prices have gone up from then. Best of luck.

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

A statement of fact: H&R Huntsman & Sidekick blued barrels are made of 4140 steel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:54 PM

The shotgun in the photo does not have a straight grip. It looks like a standard Citori to me, but with beautiful wood and the knob pistol grip.

Please put it up for sale here if your visitor doesn't buy it.

Mannyrock
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyrock View Post
The shotgun in the photo does not have a straight grip. It looks like a standard Citori to me, but with beautiful wood and the knob pistol grip.

Please put it up for sale here if your visitor doesn't buy it.

Mannyrock
Mannyrock - Oops1 You're right, I didn't notice the grip. I was trying to get him a quote, based on the model name given.

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

A statement of fact: H&R Huntsman & Sidekick blued barrels are made of 4140 steel.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response guys, he ended up giving me $900 for it. It actually had citori special steel right on it.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page