An unclean spirit seems to be entering some of the churches - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:47 AM

Welcome LilysDad, there was a "MissLilly" a little while ago who came, saw, and left in a huff.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilysDad View Post
No sir! My Lily is a 10yo Yorkshire Terrior.
Hmmm. Does your miss Lilly ever roll on the floor, jump and run in an uncontrolled manner, utter unintelligible vocalizations, or act as something other than a Yorkshire Terrior? 😇😇

lc

There is nothing in the world so damaged that it cannot be repaired by the hand of almighty God.

I encourage you to know this because without this certainty we should all of us be mad.

Poirot
"Appointment with Death"
By Agatha Christie
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilysDad View Post
So, what does that tell us about the original post. Are those folks doing any harm?
Yes they are doing harm, because they are false teachers, spreading error. It is just this kind of distraction which prevents people from being saved. We are told by the Bible that we must expose such false teachings..here are s few to start with:
Romans 16:17... Titus 1:13.... Gal 1:6-9... Ephesians 5:11.... II Thess 3:6.... II Tim 3:5,7.... Titus 3:10.. Do you want even more scripture?

For those who say "let them continue' or "what harm do they do?" read this from II John:

10*If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11*For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
(2 John 10,11 KJV)

“The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.”
― Alexandre Dumas-fils
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 11:01 AM

Does the working out of the theology and doctrine of these denominations by default open the door for this and other false narratives?

If so, should there not be a strong sense of urgency within the leadership of these denominations to stamp out the false teaching and revise their doctrinal and theological statements and teachings?

lc

There is nothing in the world so damaged that it cannot be repaired by the hand of almighty God.

I encourage you to know this because without this certainty we should all of us be mad.

Poirot
"Appointment with Death"
By Agatha Christie
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecanoe View Post
Does the working out of the theology and doctrine of these denominations by default open the door for this and other false narratives?

If so, should there not be a strong sense of urgency within the leadership of these denominations to stamp out the false teaching and revise their doctrinal and theological statements and teachings?lc
Yes, clearly, to both. But, realistically, fallible people rule; what vehicle could be used to bring the leaders or people of any denomination - or congregation - back to truths they ignore? I mostly grew up Southern Baptist but the present SBC has as much internal doctrinal variation as between Presbyterians and Pentecostals. It's not because the leadership and congregations don't know scripture, it's because they reject the parts they chose to disagree with! We can't stamp that out.

If Bible trained ministers and people in the pews don't/won't follow what's already clearly stated in the Word, can we really expect them to move towards the right path by simply improving a statement of faith and doctrine? I sadly doubt that; it's personal differences that has already led us to so many denominations and even Paul couldn't stop it!

I've observed as much applied doctrinal variation between different congregations of some denominations as there is between denominations!

I don't have a Phd, not even a BA. But I do have a DD214.

Common sense is an uncommon virtue
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wncchester View Post
yes, clearly, to both. But, realistically, fallible people rule; what vehicle could be used to bring the leaders or people of any denomination - or congregation - back to truths they ignore? I mostly grew up southern baptist but the present sbc has as much internal doctrinal variation as between presbyterians and pentecostals. It's not because the leadership and congregations don't know scripture, it's because they reject the parts they chose to disagree with! We can't stamp that out.

If bible trained ministers and people in the pews don't/won't follow what's already clearly stated in the word, can we really expect them to move towards the right path by simply improving a statement of faith and doctrine? I sadly doubt that; it's personal differences that has already led us to so many denominations and even paul couldn't stop it!

I've observed as much applied doctrinal variation between different congregations of some denominations as there is between denominations!
bingo!

RR
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Yes, Sir! And then when conservative denominations such as MS and WS Lutherans and others are vigilant about adhering to denominational understandings of the Scriptures, they are paraded out as being narrow-minded and stiff necked because they refuse to share pulpit with others, who have long since accepted things which violate their tenants.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecanoe View Post
Hmmm. Does your miss Lilly ever roll on the floor, jump and run in an uncontrolled manner, utter unintelligible vocalizations, or act as something other than a Yorkshire Terrior? 😇😇

lc
Yes, but there are two other Yorkies who are quick to interpret for her.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the last few responses. As I consider what you guys are saying the posted statement Leads me to ask why? How and why? Several possibilities come to mind for answers but the eight hundred pound gorilla in the room is the undeniable fact that God is not divided yet we seem to be "comfortably numb" in our divisions. I would think that this should bother every pastor who steps into a pulpit to preach.

lc

Poirot
"Appointment with Death"
By Agatha Christie

Last edited by littlecanoe; 02-09-2017 at 09:51 PM.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 10:03 PM

LC, in my mind there is ONE reason for all sin and that is the desire to define Good and Evil for ourselves. That desire manifests itself in thousands of ways but the root cause remains in our corrupted DNA from great grandpa Adam to want to make our own way in life.

The application of that is to first recognize there will be no workable solution to your questions in this life. I think the best any of us can do is forget the big picture, we have absolutely no control of that, and try to make the world behind us a better place as we walk through.

I don't have a Phd, not even a BA. But I do have a DD214.

Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page