An unclean spirit seems to be entering some of the churches - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Default An unclean spirit seems to be entering some of the churches

"The devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking who he may devour". It seems some individual churches are welcoming into their flock, some very questionable practices.
THe latest thing seems to be a crazy, confusing thing often referred to as 'the spirit of kundalini'. It promotes confusion and very stupid actions on some people's part. Has any witnessed any of this irrational behavior? Remember this verse.. "For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints" (1 Cor 14:33).
Check out this video

" Men must be governed by God, or they will be ruled by tyrants." (William Penn)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

...And this one:

" Men must be governed by God, or they will be ruled by tyrants." (William Penn)
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 06:34 PM

then don't go to that church
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:24 PM

IG. I could only watch a couple of min then quit, that was enough.
POWDERMAN.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:43 PM

After watching both videos my comcern is that these would be called Christian churches in the first place.
Nothing demonstrated there has anything to do with the Gospel.
Would anyone imagine or suggest that the incarnate Holy Christ would Himself act or have others act in such a manner?

lc

There is nothing in the world so damaged that it cannot be repaired by the hand of almighty God.

I encourage you to know this because without this certainty we should all of us be mad.

Poirot
"Appointment with Death"
By Agatha Christie
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatercat View Post
then don't go to that church
Sorry but you don't seem to understand the discussion. If an entity calls itself a Christian church, if it starts to move into gross error, it behooves all Christians to sound the warning. We are to serve as "watchmen on the wall".

""Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves"
(Matthew 7:15)

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecanoe View Post
After watching both videos my comcern is that these would be called Christian churches in the first place.
Nothing demonstrated there has anything to do with the Gospel.
Would anyone imagine or suggest that the incarnate Holy Christ would Himself act or have others act in such a manner?

lc
I agree the vibrating jumping around does not signify God's presence and while I skimmed through the videos, I have never heard of these people before but before I start decrying them in a manner that makes me superior, I always remember the speck in the eye verses the log.
If some one falls into these groups, and wants to be there, no one will stop them.
Just do not make the unknown known by giving them free publicity.

RR
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 03:29 PM

I can see your point Bob but unfortunately many people are given the impression that this IS true Christianity.
I can't see how this correlates with anything in scripture. To call it false doesn't give me a sense of superiority. It just makes me sad that people are deceived to rely on emotions and antics rather than as you were taught. To find comfort in the Word of God and God's promises. A modern day Luther who spoke this truth and backed down for no man would be nice to see.

In my opinion, to embrace such nonsense in the name of tolerance and open mindedness is to deny the reality of the Gospel. I do pray that people are delivered from such perverseness and find the truth of Christ crucified.

lc

There is nothing in the world so damaged that it cannot be repaired by the hand of almighty God.

I encourage you to know this because without this certainty we should all of us be mad.

Poirot
"Appointment with Death"
By Agatha Christie
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 05:01 PM

I belong to a conservative Lutheran Church. Much of the charismatic churches are seen as being of this ilk, not only by my denomination but others of a more Fundamental nature as well. To a certain extent, this may be a subjective matter, after all, I know people who don't believe in modern day faith healing of any kind. So, where is the line between praying for wellness and what is portrayed in these videos? Where is the line between God speaking to you personally(which some claim doesn't happen) and flopping around on the floor and babbling nonsense?

I was attracted to the topic of this thread because I am concerned about unclean spirits working in a way that sabotages the church through sins such as self pride, jealousy, envy, discontent among the members and pastor.

Last edited by LilysDad; 02-04-2017 at 05:07 PM.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 07:22 PM

We are given a measuring rule for such things.

Galatians 5:22-23New King James Version (NKJV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page