Other recent discoveries - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47-70 View Post
As well as from Hollywood creations

Not many Arch-eologists want to take a chance on being melted into goo then consumed by fire, eh?

lc

Why does Doctrine matter? Doctrine connects us to the drama of the story of Christ in history.

The ultimate test of our spirituality is the measure of our amazement at the grace of God.

Dr. Martin Lloyd-Jones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
The Ark of the Covenant is not to be approached by just anyone. We have all seen examples of this in the Bible.
It would only take one or two atheists to say "hold my beer and watch this" to make people sit up and take notice.

democrats are in favor of the wholesale slaughter of God's most precious; unborn babies.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:33 AM

There better be a few Nazis involved, otherwise it looses on the entertainment level. Hollywood and those that run it.

aka BBF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:25 AM

I don't believe approaching the Ark is the issue, it is touching it. After the first few people touch it and die instantly, the media will take notice. Then folks will have to see there is really something there. Sure some will say, it must be radioactive or something like that, but after the autopsy shows that isn't the case, it will definitely soften the hearts of many. Just like if Noah's Ark was definitively found on top of a mountain well above sea level. That would prove to many a global flood was real.

No I don't need any of this to believe in Jesus. However, some people need that little push to get over there doubt to belief. If you remember, Jesus used many miracles during his day to win people over.

Rosewood
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 08:11 AM

If he told you to play on a railroad track would you do that too? Blind obedience reminds me of Germany in the 1930s up to 1945. That is a dangerous state of mind. Perhaps the same state of mind as the 72 virgin seekers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
Yes this is exciting. But if nothing is found or if it is. That does not change my beliefs or any of you here I am sure.
It's an artefact, it will still be discounted and picked apart by the unbelievers no matter how significant that proof is.

In that it still reverts back to your own faith. That's the significance of anything relating to this. God or science doesn't need to prove anything to me. He said it, it's true, end of story.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 09:17 AM

Always learning, never able to acknowledge the truth.
You have chosen to be very dependable in that way, IR2.
Depending on G-d and His Word is the obedience He seeks and the responsibility
you must fulfill to be ready when He calls you back home to stand before Him
and be judged.
Depending on man and/or your own understanding leads to the error
in living you demonstrate here with each post you make.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 10:55 PM

So if all the bibles on the planet disappeared tomorrow how would you continue to propagate your religion? You have nothing else. You have nothing but human generated hearsay and lies. For all the claimed power of your god you have zero means to recreate the bible. What other means do you have to substantiate your religious claims? You don't have anything but fantasy. You do not have one bit of physical proof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodshot View Post
Always learning, never able to acknowledge the truth.
You have chosen to be very dependable in that way, IR2.
Depending on G-d and His Word is the obedience He seeks and the responsibility
you must fulfill to be ready when He calls you back home to stand before Him
and be judged.
Depending on man and/or your own understanding leads to the error
in living you demonstrate here with each post you make.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 11:07 PM

you have no grasp of the indwelling and outpooring of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer.
It is relationship not head knowledge alone.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 11:32 PM

No matter what you say, you cannot prove there is any such thing such a holy spirit. It is all just a fantasy between your ears. There is no such thing as relationship outside of the thoughts within your head. If you have no conscious thought you are not a human being. Apparently your head knowledge is the result of programming by your family and social settings. Do you ever think critically? You seem to have little head knowledge outside of the religious dogma that was poured in your ear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodshot View Post
you have no grasp of the indwelling and outpooring of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer.
It is relationship not head knowledge alone.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Poor Ireload.. He is soooo frustrated...
Here Ireload, is a small kernel of wisdom... I do not play golf, in fact I am not interested in playing golf..but I do realize there are millions of people who enjoy the game. I am not envious of the joy and contentment they find in the sport, so I simply say, "more power to you golfers, if you find pleasure and contentment in the game..have at it, I won't try to put you down".
Now, if I were immature and small-minded and I lost a girlfriend to an avid golf player..or if my wife took up the game while I am not interested, I might resent all who participate. ..But that of course, would only work if I were truly immature and small-minded..

“The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.”
― Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page