Other recent discoveries - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Default Other recent discoveries

Here are the tops of 2016, according to Christianity Today. You can also search out tops for 2015, 2014 etc:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...s-of-2016.html

If we start seeing BIG FINDS, things which incontrovertibly point toward God's truth..Hang on! ...Because in my opinion, the Savior's return is near. Anyone share my opinion?

“The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.”
― Alexandre Dumas-fils
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
Here are the tops of 2016, according to Christianity Today. You can also search out tops for 2015, 2014 etc:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...s-of-2016.html

If we start seeing BIG FINDS, things which incontrovertibly point toward God's truth..Hang on! ...Because in my opinion, the Savior's return is near. Anyone share my opinion?
Do we really need to see these finds? Will it really make any real difference in ones Biblical beliefs?
They haven't so far or they wouldn't keep looking. Faith isn't archeology like looking for dinosaurs.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:14 PM

I keep hoping that someone will find the Ark of the Covenant.
I see people turning their backs on any religion (except islam) and that could save millions of souls.

democrats are in favor of the wholesale slaughter of God's most precious; unborn babies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
I keep hoping that someone will find the Ark of the Covenant.
I see people turning their backs on any religion (except islam) and that could save millions of souls.
The Ark of the Covenant is not to be approached by just anyone. We have all seen examples of this in the Bible.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:46 PM

Yes this is exciting. But if nothing is found or if it is. That does not change my beliefs or any of you here I am sure.
It's an artefact, it will still be discounted and picked apart by the unbelievers no matter how significant that proof is.

In that it still reverts back to your own faith. That's the significance of anything relating to this. God or science doesn't need to prove anything to me. He said it, it's true, end of story.

Last edited by Argent11; 02-09-2017 at 07:53 PM.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 08:16 PM

I don't care for any of this. I have my Lord savior Jesus Christ that is all i need. I attempt to save others if they will not listen then Ive done all that i can.

I will not present artifacts as proof of anything. I do not need to defend my beliefs in any way. My Lord God is not a museum attraction.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 09:33 PM

I'm doubtful that the signs will make any difference. Christ demonstrated that He was God through signs, wonders and miracles. The Jewish nation as a whole turned their backs on Him after seeing these things. Christ said that all that the Father gives Him will come to Him. I'm based on the words of Christ and the historical examples in the Gospels and the book of Acts.

lc

There is nothing in the world so damaged that it cannot be repaired by the hand of almighty God.

I encourage you to know this because without this certainty we should all of us be mad.

Poirot
"Appointment with Death"
By Agatha Christie
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 10:10 PM

I enjoy seeing Biblical Archaeology, don't need it of course, we have relationship once we answer the knock on the door of the heart. But I am moved by His evidence He has preserved.
This is about Mt. Sinai and I have enjoyed it very much, hope you do as well.

No amount of Biblical evidence will ever be "enough" for a person who does not answer His call.

Here is another, longer one about Mt. Sinai

Come quickly, Lord Jesus

Last edited by goodshot; 02-09-2017 at 10:12 PM.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niska44 View Post
I don't care for any of this. I have my Lord savior Jesus Christ that is all i need. I attempt to save others if they will not listen then Ive done all that i can.

I will not present artifacts as proof of anything. I do not need to defend my beliefs in any way. My Lord God is not a museum attraction.

NISKA. Neither do I need signs or artifacts, but I still enjoy seeing them, kinda like shoving proof right in the faces of the non believers.
Another reason I like them is that there are some who may come to believe as Thomas did, who doubted it was Jesus by seeing Jesus scars. POWDERMAN.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
The Ark of the Covenant is not to be approached by just anyone. We have all seen examples of this in the Bible.
As well as from Hollywood creations

aka BBF

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page