The Trinity - and monotheism - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 08:39 PM

There is only one supreme court, it normally has nine judges yet there is ONLY ONE SUPREME COURT, holy moly batman.

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 09:23 PM

IR 2

What do you offer other than Christ? What hope? What good will? What future?

lc

There is nothing in the world so damaged that it cannot be repaired by the hand of almighty God.

I encourage you to know this because without this certainty we should all of us be mad.

Poirot
"Appointment with Death"
By Agatha Christie
post #13 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:35 PM

I usually do not get involved in these forums or this type of discussion online, usually ends up in a mess with no one the wiser. However, here goes. I do not agree with the concept of the trinity, specifically "3 co-equal, co-eternal, and co-existent persons in one God". First the simple fact that the terms "father" and "son",are not names that specifically identify persons. They are simply terms of relationship. These anthropomorphological terms are given for us to understand the relationship between Jesus and His Father, for He was the "only begotten" of the Father. They were not given for us to develop some concept of God that no one could understand. Humanity can view God from the scripture, but actually comprehending God in all of His Deity is another story. We must find Him through Jesus Christ, this is why the scripture declares "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. (10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" (Col 2:8-10).

Pastor, NewLife Worship Center
(Retired) Automotive Technology Instructor, West Feliciana High School
Avid Shooter, Hunter, Fisherman and owner of Handi & CVA Rifles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:43 AM

Thank you!

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #15 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:02 AM

Here is something else to ponder. We are created in the image of God. We have a physical body. We have a soul (our brains, intelligence), and we have a spirit, the eternal part of us. So we are three parts in one, just like God. Man's spirit died in the Garden of Eden, thus our spirits have to be reborn in Christ for eternal life. That's where the Holy Spirit comes in. God in us the Hope of Glory.
post #16 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilysDad View Post
Have you read the Bible through? If you haven't, I suggest you do so. Then we will gladly discuss your concerns.

LILYSDAD. IR2 seems to be just a troll that drops by once in a while when mommy lets him or her play with the computer, or maybe when she's gone. He or she rarely responds after getting everybody arguing. the purpose of it's post. He, or she, stirs the pot then sits back laughing after everybody gets toarguing. Just my opinion of course. CHARLIE.
post #17 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 02:15 PM

Charlie, you may be right, there are some who do that. BUT, I think IR2 is serious; I think he believes his own B.S. and it eats his guts that we pay no serious attention to him. It's hard to pay serious attention to someone who doesn't know what he's talking about! Like me, he's another of those Jesus died for so I pray for his heart and eyes to be opened.

I don't have a Phd, not even a BA. But I do have a DD214.

Common sense is an uncommon virtue
post #18 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Dude View Post
Here is something else to ponder. We are created in the image of God. We have a physical body. We have a soul (our brains, intelligence), and we have a spirit, the eternal part of us. So we are three parts in one, just like God. Man's spirit died in the Garden of Eden, thus our spirits have to be reborn in Christ for eternal life. That's where the Holy Spirit comes in. God in us the Hope of Glory.
"We are created in the image of God "** are we in his image ? I'd like to pint out man was created with* the Attributes of God. and to that point we have that likeness .
we are something no other creature on earth is .
post #19 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:12 PM

I believe IR2 is a victim of spiritual abuse, and works it out here with his troll posts. He has my sympathy, and I pray he finds healing in the blood of Christ.

Held Fast
post #20 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamnelson View Post
I believe IR2 is a victim of spiritual abuse, and works it out here with his troll posts. He has my sympathy, and I pray he finds healing in the blood of Christ.

TN. I hope you are right my friend. We've seen so many real trouble makers here over the years I guess I'm just being over sensitive. CHARLIE.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page