2 PETER 3:18. To him be glory both now and forever. PSALM 45:8 Whereby they have made - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Default 2 PETER 3:18. To him be glory both now and forever. PSALM 45:8 Whereby they have made

: Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening - February 15, 2017

> Reply-To: [email protected]
>
> Today's Reading
> Morning
>
> "To him be glory both now and forever."
> 2 Peter 3:18
>
> Heaven will be full of the ceaseless praises of Jesus. Eternity! thine unnumberedyears shall speed their everlasting course, but forever and forever, "to him beglory." Is he not a "Priest forever after the order of Melchizedek?" "To him beglory." Is he not king forever?--King of kings and Lord of lords, the everlastingFather? "To him be glory forever." Never shall his praises cease. That which wasbought with blood deserves to last while immortality endures. The glory of thecross must never be eclipsed; the lustre of the grave and of the resurrection mustnever be dimmed. O Jesus! thou shalt be praised forever. Long as immortal spiritslive--long as the Father's throne endures--forever, forever, unto thee shall beglory. Believer, you are anticipating the time when you shall join the saintsabove in ascribing all glory to Jesus; but are you glorifying him now?

Theapostle's words are, "To him be glory both now and forever." Will you not this daymake it your prayer? "Lord, help me to glorify thee; I am poor; help me to glorifythee by contentment; I am sick; help me to give thee honour by patience; I havetalents; help me to extol thee by spending them for thee; I have time; Lord, helpme to redeem it, that I may serve thee; I have a heart to feel; Lord, let thatheart feel no love but thine, and glow with no flame but affection for thee; Ihave a head to think; Lord, help me to think of thee and for thee; thou hast putme in this world for something; Lord, show me what that is, and help me to workout my life-purpose: I cannot do much; but as the widow put in her two mites,which were all her living, so, Lord, I cast my time and eternity too into thytreasury; I am all thine; take me, and enable me to glorify thee now, in all thatI say, in all that I do, and with all that I have."
>
> Evening
>
> "Whereby they have made thee glad."
> Psalm 45:8
>
> And who are thus privileged to make the Saviour glad? His church--his people. Butis it possible? He makes us glad, but how can we make him glad? By our love. Ah!we think it so cold, so faint; and so, indeed, we must sorrowfully confess it tobe, but it is very sweet to Christ. Hear his own eulogy of that love in the goldenCanticle: "How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy lovethan wine!"

See, loving heart, how he delights in you. When you lean your head onhis bosom, you not only receive, but you give him joy; when you gaze with loveupon his all-glorious face, you not only obtain comfort, but impart delight. Ourpraise, too, gives him joy--not the song of the lips alone, but the melody of theheart's deep gratitude. Our gifts, too, are very pleasant to him; he loves to seeus lay our time, our talents, our substance upon the altar, not for the value ofwhat we give, but for the sake of the motive from which the gift springs. To himthe lowly offerings of his saints are more acceptable than the thousands of goldand silver.

Holiness is like frankincense and myrrh to him. Forgive your enemy,and you make Christ glad; distribute of your substance to the poor, and herejoices; be the means of saving souls, and you give him to see of the travail ofhis soul; proclaim his gospel, and you are a sweet savour unto him; go among theignorant and lift up the cross, and you have given him honour. It is in your powereven now to break the alabaster box, and pour the precious oil of joy upon hishead, as did the woman of old, whose memorial is to this day set forth whereverthe gospel is preached. Will you be backward then? Will you not perfume yourbeloved Lord with the myrrh and aloes, and cassia, of your heart's praise? Yes, yeivory palaces, ye shall hear the songs of the saints!
>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 12:50 PM

thank you brother

Come quickly, Lord Jesus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page