May we speak more about Jesus. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Default May we speak more about Jesus.

And less of fearful event ? Rejoice in his holy name as the example for those looking for hope.

Do not show him as display of him as dying on the cross. For he lives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 12:04 AM

NISKA. We had a pic of Jesus on the cross in our Church and we removed it for just what you said, he is NOT dead, HE LIVES. I didn't see a dead Jesus, what I saw was a reminder of the pain, suffering and great sacrifice he made so that the entire world might know salvation and eternal life.
Our Church is small, when the ones that are usually there there's only 15+ of us. I went along with removing the picture because our Pastor agreed with them, I didn't want to argue, because I could see both points. Thanks for bringing this up. CHARLIE.
post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Thank you is only how i see this.Sir.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 01:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to gene_225 Send a message via MSN to gene_225

I understand and agree with your point, however, I find it useful to me to look at Jesus on the cross and see the pain and suffering and know he would have gone thru that if I was the only sinner in the world. It keeps me humble to know what my salvation cost. gene
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

I rejoice in his presence. No explanations or debates. Only my love for Christ.
post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:58 AM

Yes He lives and He encountered a friend of mine just the other day, he was doing some work for me and asked if I had some ibuprofen or aspirin as he had a throbbing headache, almost shutting him down, I suggested we speak to the condition about G-d, not the other way around. We prayed Headache be gone in Jesus Name, pain be gone in Jesus Name" he went to his car to get an item, came back and said "my headache is gone". It stayed gone and hasn't come back as far I have heard from him even though he was prone to these before.
This has really renewed his faith, which was sorely tested after a horrible spiritual abuse history at the hands of a church.
He is an ever present help in times of trouble.
Bless you

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niska44 View Post
And less of fearful event ? Rejoice in his holy name as the example for those looking for hope.

Do not show him as display of him as dying on the cross. For he lives.
The Lutheran LCMS Churches display an empty cross as a sign of his resurrection. He died and now he lives!

><> John 3:1-8
><> Romans 12:2
post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 11:59 AM

Our love, our gratitude, for what He has done, what He is doing, and what He is going to do.
blessings

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 12:29 PM

If it is there, I can see no reason to remove it, it shows how and why we are saved; if it is not there, I would be hard pressed to think of a reason to suddenly put one there.
I do not see paintings in the same light as figurine.

RR
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 01:06 PM

I like the idea of symbols that point out thoughts to Christ. I see nothing wrong with it. In the past I would have argued with many that the use of such things is the construction and worship of an idol. I don't see it that way anymore.

C S Lewis made the point that we can build idols out of anything. His example was a simple one. Say a man sits at his desk every day at a certain time and prays. Over time he begins to look at a corner in the ceiling when praying. He does this more and more until he doesn't feel as though he is praying unless sitting at that desk and looking at that corner. He has created an idol.

Whether high liturgical or low liturgical all are liturgical and all face the challenge of Christ being central.

lc

There is nothing in the world so damaged that it cannot be repaired by the hand of almighty God.

I encourage you to know this because without this certainty we should all of us be mad.

Poirot
"Appointment with Death"
By Agatha Christie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page