Sometimes - Page 5 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 221 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wncchester View Post
Swimmer, #15 - "from the bible ,, can you name 3 people at got out ?"

Goodness, you're a hoot! How much Bible reading might it take for that sentence to make sense?

#29 - "what I fine to be funny is you peeps claim to study the bible"

What I "fine" to be funny is most everything you post. I would never ignore you, you're too entertaining!
you might try going to #14 and continue reading #15 as if it was one post. but no that would be way to hard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 221 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:16 PM

^^^ That would demand guessing and few of us want to do that; too uncertain and it's probably useless anyway. I figger if a poster can't say what he means it's not worth bothering with. And that applies to people who may have something intelligent to say, whatever it is. But you .... even with guessing and trying to fit disparate jig saw puzzle posts together, your cryptic questions rarely make sense. ??

You said - "from the (B)ible ,, can you name 3 people at got out ?"

Ain't no way to slice and dice that line, or add enough, to make sense of it.

I don't have a Phd, not even a BA. But I do have a DD214.

Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Last edited by wncchester; 03-20-2017 at 09:31 PM.
post #43 of 221 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:45 PM

yep ....................way to hard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 221 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim-with-beavers View Post
yep ....................way to hard
WHAT?
For you to use proper grammar?

RR
post #45 of 221 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:46 AM

or spilling? or punctitation? or common sense? dig thru all that trying to fine a nothing buger?

Yep, much too hard!

U R A Hoot!

post #46 of 221 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:20 AM

Argent:
Quote:
Athiest are the only ones I've ever come across who get radical and attempt to prove everyone wrong.
Yes, some are stupidly argumentative. Not all of them, though, travel that slippery path. It is both silly as well as non-productive to argue against belief. There is no way to make a workable proof about, for instance, the existence of God or the accuracy of scripture. I avoid trying.
It is too bad that this thread headed off the way that it has (although I have done my own share of posting distractions).
There are a number of people that I miss terribly....my friend Joe was my shooting buddy, on the pistol team with me, shot Trap together every Wednesday (I loaded his hulls for him to keep the costs down). and my older brother Bill who died in a car wreck in a snowstorm in Maryland 52 years ago last Monday....I have missed him terribly everyday since.
I am 70 years old and the 18 year old inside me still cries about his brother.
Pete

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...
post #47 of 221 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
Argent: Yes, some are stupidly argumentative. Not all of them, though, travel that slippery path. It is both silly as well as non-productive to argue against belief. There is no way to make a workable proof about, for instance, the existence of God or the accuracy of scripture. I avoid trying.
It is too bad that this thread headed off the way that it has (although I have done my own share of posting distractions).
There are a number of people that I miss terribly....my friend Joe was my shooting buddy, on the pistol team with me, shot Trap together every Wednesday (I loaded his hulls for him to keep the costs down). and my older brother Bill who died in a car wreck in a snowstorm in Maryland 52 years ago last Monday....I have missed him terribly everyday since.
I am 70 years old and the 18 year old inside me still cries about his brother.
Pete
I lost a little brother so I know how you feel. He was in the Army stationed over in Germany and died suddenly from a brain hemorrhage, or that's what they said. A real hard one was to become a widower at an early age.
I had that happen we were only married for about a year and a half. Sorry to hear about your Brother Pete.

Last edited by Argent11; 03-21-2017 at 11:54 AM.
post #48 of 221 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:58 AM

Aw man, sorry about your losses. Many of us are now in what my 82 year old retired pastor/buddy calls the "funeral generation", meaning there's little or nothing of our circle left of those older than us and we do miss old friends and family.

I'm almost certain you expect me to take this moment to say we Christians have a sure and certain hope to be with our (saved) folk again. I like you too much to disappoint .... <><

post #49 of 221 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Aw man, sorry about your losses. Many of us are now in what my 82 year old retired pastor/buddy calls the "funeral generation", meaning there's little or nothing of our circle left of those older than us and we do miss old friends and family.

I'm almost certain you expect me to take this moment to say we Christians have a sure and certain hope to be with our (saved) folk again. I like you too much to disappoint .... <><
I've lost a lot of frends and some family to what I call alcohol suicide, and they were not old. There was a time I lost more of them to liver failure than anything else. A couple of them had even stopped drinking and had been sober for years. And it still came back to get them.
post #50 of 221 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
or spilling? or punctitation? or common sense? dig thru all that trying to fine a nothing buger?

Yep, much too hard!

U R A Hoot!
you sir ,are a flamer

less you forget ''James 3*: 2*We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.''
I don't claim to be perfect, far from it.
I do know the Christ and he does not act anything like what I have seen here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page