Henry's New Single Shot Rifle: Vote for your caliber! - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 167 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Default Henry's New Single Shot Rifle: Vote for your caliber!

Hey Guys,

I was very very interested to learn that Henry will be offering a new single shot rifle next year. I was sorely disappointed, however, to hear that the calibers in which it will be offered will be .308, .243, .223, .45-70 "and others." There were also some references to the new rifle as being touted for modern, high-intensity cartridges.

I am of the opinion that Henry built it's entire company, and a fanatically loyal customer base, on the mild shooting, easy to reload, relatively low-intensity cartridges such as the .30-30, .44 mag, and .357. (I also include within this realm the good old ..45-70.) Perhaps the .44-40 or .38-55 as well?

I just don't believe that there is a huge market for these new rifles in the high intensity arena. I believe it lies in the low-intensity arena, where the only real game in town right now are Handi-rifles. (I don't count the Ruger No. 1 in .30-30 or .44 mag as being real contenders as a popular rifle, in view of the fact that the asking prices for these are in the $1,200 range.)[size=78%].[/size]

Since I hope that the Henry Company monitors the responses on this board, I am asking that everybody please post a reply which votes for one (1) cartridge, for the single shot rifle that they would buy. (No esoteric rounds please. ) My hope is to provide free marketing information to Henry, and perhaps influence their caliber decisions.

I vote for the .30-30.

Thanks for voting!

Mannyrock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 167 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Henry's New Single Shot Rifle: Vote for your caliber!

Great job.

405 Win

[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments. [/spoof]
post #3 of 167 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks RPRNY.

For sake of clarity, if someone wants to vote for one of the calibers that they have already listed, then by all means vote for it. We are not trying to purposely skew the results away from any commonly used high intensity round. We are just attempting to get some thoughtful feedback.

Mannyrock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 167 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 12:16 PM

.32-40.

I really hope it will have an external hammer. If it's hammerless, count me out.
post #5 of 167 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 12:40 PM

My letter to Anthony Imperato of Henry:

Mr. Imperato,

Deeply appreciate the contributions that you and your family have made to the American firearms industry and our economy and extremely pleased by Henry's apparent success. Your recent announcement of Henry's foray into the single shot shotgun and rifle markets is exciting and makes perfect sense from a brand/product portfolio development perspective, so I hope it will be as successful as it should be.

On that note, I was concerned to learn that the caliber choices mentioned in association with the single shot break action rifle (with the exception of 45-70) would likely all be modern, rimless, high pressure, rifle calibers. I urge you to reconsider this approach.

Henry's reputation has been established with its American heritage lever guns. The single shot break action rifle, entirely in keeping with that brand development, is not a firearm that will greatly appeal to the tactical crowd or high power rifle hunter. While offering 308 Win and 223 chamberings makes perfect sense given the popularity of both cartridges, the fact is that the single shot break action appeals to a different demographic and is best suited to lower pressure, rimmed cartridges. From ease of extraction to ability to ability to tune for accuracy, these cartridges both suit the firearm and appeal to your likely demographic targets.

Therefore, I urge you to 1) at least add 30-30 and 357 Mag to the initial offerings available, and, 2) if not to be part of the mainline stable for the firearm, offer some limited runs of other lower pressure rimmed cartridges to include 44-40, 45 LC, 38-55 Win (for .375" diameter bullets), and 30-40. I think you will also find a good deal of interest in either a custom shop or the offering of barrel blanks in popular calibers for custom chamberings but I cannot in good faith suggest the economics of these latter two proposals are at all certain.

Thank you for your time and consideration. My best wishes for your continued success.

You may send yours via:

https://www.henryrifles.com/contact-...hony-imperato/

[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments. [/spoof]
post #6 of 167 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 12:58 PM

Location: THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS or CENTRAL FREDONIAN REPUBLIC
Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyrock

I vote for the .30-30.

Thanks for voting!

Mannyrock
+1

if it's what i think it is, i'll be getting one (if a 30/30 is offered) and
i'll be selling a good bit of what i have to make it happen.

The United States doesn't have a gun control problem.
We have a people control problem.

Honor the Texas flag;I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas,
one state under God, one and indivisible.
post #7 of 167 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 01:29 PM

257 Roberts[s] or 25-45 Sharps.
[/s]Corrected my vote to one caliber!

Don & man's best friend
Still looking at the green side of sod
post #8 of 167 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Wow RPRYN. You write superbly!

Scratch, you rascal, you had to break the rules and vote for two calibers, right off the bat? :-O (I'm pullin my hair out!)

Mannyrock

post #9 of 167 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 04:52 PM

Default Henry's New Single Shot Rifle: Vote for your caliber!

A 5lb 358win with an ejector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 167 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 07:30 PM

.327 Federal or .303 British

Real trucks dont have spark plugs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page