Graybeard Outdoors banner

P45

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Gunfixr 
#1 ·
I have a Kahr P45 with a broken polymer frame, can these be replaced?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
What happened to cause that?

The frame is the part that is legally the gun, so you would be far better off if you can get them to arrange return shipping. Because it’s a handgun you can’t send it through the Post Office unless your dealer does it for you. That leaves UPS and FedEx but they require you to overnight it. Much $$$$$$.

#4 ·
I think if you contact Kahr, and tell them the issue, they will probably send you a return pre-paid shipping label, and probably pay for a new frame unless it is obvious you somehow caused the problem. If they replace the frame, it will most likely have a new serial number, and have to be shipped to your local gun shop to transfer it back to you. A little more info on what happened to cause the failure would be nice.

Larry

#5 ·
It will only have to go back to a gun shop if it is shipped from there. If they provide a prepaid shipping label it can come directly back to owner even if they change out the SN of it. There is a procedure in place to deal with that.

#6 ·
First, contact kahr and tell them what's going on. They will tell you how to handle it. You'll have to ship it to them. Hopefully, they'll give you a shipping label. Yes, you can legally send it to them. You cannot use the postal service, only ffl holders can. You can use ups, fed ex. Use a plain box, nothing on the outside about guns. No ammo. Skip the "pac n mail" type places, go straight to them. You do need to tell them what it is. You will have to ship overnight or 2nd day, their rules, keeps it from getting stolen. Insure it well.
I had a friend had a company send him directly a replacement rifle, so theoretically a handgun works the same. But, I also seem to remember a handgun coming to the shop and a new background check.
Idk, they will tell you.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.