Indiana Rifles - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Default Indiana Rifles

Now I know that the rifle law is a trial endeavor up until 2020 if I'm not mistaken. My question to you fellas is, will Indiana ever allow a more variety of calibers before then? I have a 7mm-08 that wants to go hunting some deer real bad>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Indiana Rifles

Take it on a short drive south into Kentucky. Tons more deer. Tons more woods to hunt. And any caliber you want.

Mannyrock
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 01:58 PM

By the way, I was just in Bloomington a few weeks ago. What a gorgeous place!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 02:18 PM

Gun Cabinet

Size .243 Win headstamped brass up to 7mm and use it in Indiana. I'm sure noone will notice the barrel marking. :

Thanks, Dinny

I reload and shoot .243 Win, 358 Win, 6.5x55, 6.5 Grendel, 45-70 Govt, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, and 35 Rem
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 02:53 PM

Uh.....yeah.
About that. ⬆️

I know, I know....your joking.

In all seriousness I believe yes at the end of the 4 year stint they will open it up to all calibers .24 and above.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Trust me Dinny, don't, think the thought hasn't crossed my mind. :-X.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 05:45 PM

I believe it will open up to all rifle cartrides .24 and up as long as the related accident rate stays the same as pre rule change. That said I have 35 Whelen that will see some time. However, my 30-06 dropped two deer already this year and both went down quickly and expired humanely. Not much more I can ask for.

Cartridges for My Entertainment: .223 Rem, 30-06, 38 spcl, 357 mag/max, 358 MGP, 35 Whelen, and soon the 358 Norma Mag. I can't right now I am going hunting!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 04:51 AM

From the gun shots I have heard since season opened, I dont think there are many people this way who have went high power. Heard a lot of shotguns and muzzle loaders. I have been carrying my 308. Problem is it likes watching deer instead of picking one

Lonny

INDIANA GUYS, WE HAVE OUR OWN FORUM Here>>http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/board,249.0.html
GBO SERVER DONATION INFO
: http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,12050.html
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 11:58 AM

About two years ago, and idiot redneck who lived about 5 miles from me decided to sight in his .30-06 rifle.

He lived in a house trailer on a 2 acre lot. There was a patch of hardwoods, about 2 acres, on one of his boundaries.

He nailed his target to a tree, and sighted in his rifle.

The next day, an old woman who lived in the house next to him was found dead in her home, killed with a .30-06 round.

He was arrested, tried and convicted of murder, for reckless disregard of human life. He got 10 years. Thankfully, no laws got changed about using rifles in my county.

Point is, sooner or later, somebody is going to get killed from somebody doing something stupid in Indiana with a high powered rifle. The press will lap it up, run the story day and night, and say it is because Indiana re-allowed previously banned firearms. One can only hope that the backlash isn't too severe.

Mannyrock

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Well, the only thing I can say to that Manny is let's pray that that doesn't happen to anyone else. I hope it doesn't. However, right now using a rifle is legal and i want to sniper one with my rifle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page