I'll bet you a cup of coffee that N. Korea is about to - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Default I'll bet you a cup of coffee that N. Korea is about to

... do something that will trigger US to not necessarily drop bombs, but to invade North Korean air space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to gene_225 Send a message via MSN to gene_225

Let's hope not.
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:52 AM

So, is China going to sit this one out if it comes to it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:53 AM

I, too, sure hope you're wrong, but that nut case is getting bolder every day. And why wouldn't he? Our policy for the past 25 years has been to do absolutely nothing.
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
I, too, sure hope you're wrong, but that nut case is getting bolder every day. And why wouldn't he? Our policy for the past 25 years has been to do absolutely nothing.

I wouldn't say US has done nothing. It's done a great job of emboldening them. The latest events are surely not just rooted in North Korea. Iran and other allies of North Korea have constructed this as a test of the new president.
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:25 AM

Unless I'm wrong, the U.S. has the ability to watch, from satellite, every one of the large missiles that North Korea puts on a launch pad, and it takes probably 1 to 2 hours for one of those things to warm-up and get ready to launch.

Incredibly easy, therefore, for us to simply send in a small guided missile (10 if necessary) and kill their missile DOA on its own launch pad. One really huge explosion. Missile gone. Launch pad gone.

We don't need to wait for it to be airborne to try to destroy it.

China would do nothing. They live off of our consumer purchases, and hold billions in U.S. Treasuries that they are collecting interest on. They are rapidly becoming middle class on a national basis, and aren't going to bleed green blood just to help a mad dog like North Korea. China has been pretty consistent in only doing what is in THEIR best interest, unlike the U.S.

Mannyrock
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:27 AM

I don't know what's going to happen, but I do know Donald Trump is not the kind of person you want to back into a corner and poke with a stick!
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyrock View Post
Unless I'm wrong, the U.S. has the ability to watch, from satellite, every one of the large missiles that North Korea puts on a launch pad, and it takes probably 1 to 2 hours for one of those things to warm-up and get ready to launch.

Incredibly easy, therefore, for us to simply send in a small guided missile (10 if necessary) and kill their missile DOA on its own launch pad. One really huge explosion. Missile gone. Launch pad gone.

We don't need to wait for it to be airborne to try to destroy it.

China would do nothing. They live off of our consumer purchases, and hold billions in U.S. Treasuries that they are collecting interest on. They are rapidly becoming middle class on a national basis, and aren't going to bleed green blood just to help a mad dog like North Korea. China has been pretty consistent in only doing what is in THEIR best interest, unlike the U.S.

Mannyrock

Good points. I can only imagine what kind of surveillance is going on over N. Korea now. The recently reported naval exercise, which was basically a US Navy show of strength and presence, was quite an interesting event too.
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:38 AM

Gun Cabinet

Go Back and look at the Korean war which was not a war but a UN police action we were there to remove the north from the south and were told to hold at the 38 th when we had them pushed well back of that line and they had as well as lost China entered the fight turned their army on us and it became a different ball game. You have to finish the job which we did not do and that is where we are today. World war two was the last war we won. We need to get the government out of telling our fighting men what to do and how to do it that is what they are trained for let the Generals run the war. Look at all these rules of engagement is just one example.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:51 AM

The new USS Gerald R Ford is supposed to be heading to the Pacific Rim for its first deployment. That one Carrier is stronger than the entire nation of N. Korea. It's also the one that's carrying those one million dollar missiles. The USS Zumwalt is also going to be in that battle group, the Navy hasn't yet released the name of which Sub, or Subs it will be. N.Korea wouldn't stand a chance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page