When is it treason? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Default When is it treason?

For a third time, stinking unelected judges have tried to stop our President from protecting us from terrorism. I believe President Trump should ignore the traitorous liberal judges and do whatever is necessary to keep terrorists from invading our country.

Swingem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:34 PM

When is it treason?
1. When it violates the Constitution
or
2. When you live in a country like Russia or North Korea
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooch View Post
For a third time, stinking unelected judges have tried to stop our President from protecting us from terrorism. I believe President Trump should ignore the traitorous liberal judges and do whatever is necessary to keep terrorists from invading our country.

I don't know when it's treason, but the president's powers in matters like this have few limits, and it sure looks like Trump is within his powers to restrict the flow of people from selected countries. The thing I don't understand is how a judge can come to a conclusion other than that, and how a judge can override the president's authority.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post
I don't know when it's treason, but the president's powers in matters like this have few limits, and it sure looks like Trump is within his powers to restrict the flow of people from selected countries. The thing I don't understand is how a judge can come to a conclusion other than that, and how a judge can override the president's authority.
I am with you.

There was a law passed many years ago that gave the President to unilaterally stop immigration from any given country. It does not specify the rules or reasons. The dems and judges are claiming he is doing it based on religious reasons which the law does not specify. He is perfectly within the law. Carter done it many years ago and he was never questioned. I think the Democrats are the ones that passed the law to start with.

Rosewood
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:04 PM

Article I Section 8 of the Constitution:

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Title 8, Chapter 12, US Code 1182, courtesy of Cornell University Law’s website:

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

"Paper is poverty...it is the ghost of money, and not money itself."

--- Thomas Jefferson May 27, 1788

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:34 PM

Oh Doublebass, you're such a hater. There you go quoting those dead old white guys again. ;-)

(I do like the use of the word aliens in that document. We should use it more often when describing aliens. For example illegal aliens, criminal aliens, etc.)
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:24 PM

Ok. You did half the work. You found the relevant parts of the Constitution that ostensibly support Mr Trump.
Now you need to look up what those judges found that provided the basis for stopping the implementation.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:36 PM
Banned

You know--- all those "brilliant" (and they were) dead white guys started from SCRATCH--- there were no rules and guidelines they had to follow. They could have created a monarchy--- an oligarchy--- or a government with ONE branch, or TWO--- but they set up 3 -- read 'em--- THREE co-equal branches. Longest running democratic republic in history I believe-- I would say they knew what they were doing. Deal with it.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post
Oh Doublebass, you're such a hater. There you go quoting those dead old white guys again. ;-)

(I do like the use of the word aliens in that document. We should use it more often when describing aliens. For example illegal aliens, criminal aliens, etc.)
Shame on me for not continuing the "living, breathing document" narrative.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

"Paper is poverty...it is the ghost of money, and not money itself."

--- Thomas Jefferson May 27, 1788

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
Ok. You did half the work. You found the relevant parts of the Constitution that ostensibly support Mr Trump.
Now you need to look up what those judges found that provided the basis for stopping the implementation.
Why look it up; those phony treasonous judges just made it up. Those so-called judges have been taken to the woodshed by some of the judges they serve with and rightly so. In matters of security of our nation and it's real citizens, no judge and no court can supersede the judgment of the President. What the left wing judges are attempting is a political coup and that is an act of treason against the President and the American people.

Swingem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page