why did jesus speak in parables delievering the word of god ? - Page 5 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:17 AM

It will do you more good to read it for yourownself + it will not embarrass you !
Blessings

TEXAS, by GOD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:07 PM

Lazarus in Abraham's bosom, Luke c16 v 19-31

"parables understood or not by the will of G-d"
I like what you said there William.

II Timothy c2 v15- "Study to show thyself approved"

Come quickly, Lord Jesus

Last edited by goodshot; 03-17-2017 at 12:13 PM.
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:12 PM

Willy, your denial is a poor effort to (as you often put it) "save."

You say I'm wrong but I cite scripture to support what I said. You only cite what you believe when your "belief" is clearly wrong. You frequently embarrass yourself by calling out, by name, others who know you're wrong; why do you do that, and do it so often?

You say there are "many places Paul says there are special blessings from Bible study" but you don't tell us even one - because you can't. The only place Paul specifically mentions Bible study is in his letter to Timothy when he tells the young man just starting his ministry to study to show himself approved before God for his work; no special blessing is mentioned. (And again, note I don't say what "I believe ...", I simply show you what the Bible actually says!)

2 Tim 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Your Bible is in your hands. What you do with it is your own responsibility but don't knowingly twist and misquote it because God disapproves of that.

Rev 22:18, 19 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this (Bible), If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

Being mistaken about what the Bible says can be innocent but being determined to be wrong is a whole different thing. You quote from your King William Version far too often and that's not just saving face, it's potentially dangerous.

Bless your heart.

I don't have a Phd, not even a BA. But I do have a DD214.

Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Last edited by wncchester; 03-17-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:31 PM

Bless your little heart Wn---you will be ok---just let it go !

Blessings

TEXAS, by GOD
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamlayton View Post
Bless your little heart Wn---you will be ok---just let it go !

Okay, okay, don't get upset. You posted me by name to say I was wrong and you said how I am supposed to be wrong, but not where to find it. I just hoped a well read person like yourself could help me find where I can read and get right but if you don't want to help me out, that's okay too!

(But you may want to read GS's post too, seems he and I were writing at the same time and using the same scriptures. Maybe you could yet help us both?)

Last edited by wncchester; 03-21-2017 at 09:46 PM.
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wncchester View Post
To say ignorance is bliss is true and we have lots of blissful Christians but that does not make Biblical ignorance a virtue.

There is only one book in the whole Bible that promises a blessing to those who study its words and it's all end times prophecy, the commonly avoided Revelation of Jesus Christ to St. John the Divine.

And that is a book refuted by Jesus himself.
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:11 PM

Paul could not have read The Bible because in Paul's time it did not exist
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:41 PM

Location: Smack Dab in the middle of God's Country! Saskatchewan, Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene_225 View Post
Probably the answer is multi faceted, but remember who he was talking to. Mostly these were uneducated rural "working" people.
from historical studies, it would appear that Jesus was preaching to Elites, more than the common folks.

I am ONLY responsible for what I say
I am NOT responsible for what you THINK I said
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:42 PM

Location: Smack Dab in the middle of God's Country! Saskatchewan, Of Course!

[QUOTE=ironglow;2161619..in fact when Pontious Pilate finally asked him if he were the messiah, he said in effect.."it is as you say".[/QUOTE]

I have posted before... That quote is a revisionists interpretation. older interpretations by scholars schooled in the ancient languages translate it differently

I am ONLY responsible for what I say
I am NOT responsible for what you THINK I said
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM

The reasons ALL Bibles are "versions" is that there are often no words or expressions that can be directly translated into another language. Words change meanings over times, like 40 years ago "gay" did not mean queer. AND the grammar in language is often so different the translation would be incomprehensible unless the grammar is changed to match the new language.

There is not and never has been any vast conspiracy to "change" the Bible's message and, given the way the scrolls were originally copied and passed around, would have made it impossible to accomplish anyway. The same thought can be conveyed in multiple ways. Mainstream translators (exempting the LDS and JW concoctions) work very hard to get the message right but don't expect every "version" to be a carbon copy of the "Authorized" KJV.

The fragments of scripture available have been complied into the individual books we have today but the "oldest" fragments of anything are NOT automatically the most correct.

The Bible says its (original) words were God breathed therefore it's clear the Bible as it was originality given was perfect. However, WE do not have the originals, so modern quibbling over word changes that make no difference to the message is just spinning wheels in loose soil to get no place.

The Jews knew exactly what Jesus meant when he said "It is as you say"; that was why they wanted to kill him. Our squabbles about how what he said might sound in modern American English is trying to make a problem where none exists.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page