New monster bow/Phoenix - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Default New monster bow/Phoenix

Just got a new bow made by Monster bow. The model is the Phoenix. What a sweet bow. No more wheels/cams etc... Chose your let off %, wide draw wt range and draw length range. Pick your own colors. This is the bow I've been waiting for.

Long

Life is short......eternity is long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: New monster bow/Phoenix

This looks very similar to a bow I owned back in the 90's. Onieda Eagle....a different cable system though. I got away from it and went to a Mathews (when most people were afraid to buy one, now everyone owns one) because when released it made a loud snapping sound....even though it was one of the fastest bows on the market I felt this was a big disadvantage when hunting as whitetails have great reflexes.
How's the Monster Phoenix when it comes to quietness upon release? I don't have much knowledge on these bows other than seeing the specs on their web site. The specs do look good on this bow and it seems light....my Onieda was approx 4 1/2 lbs before I added anything to it....another reason I opted for a Mathews.

I love the looks of your new bow!!! Let us know how she shoots.

"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 08:26 PM

One more question, are these made in the USA? I couldn't find anything if it is or isn't.
That would be a big turn off for me if it's made anywhere but here in the USA.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Six,

I had seen lots of Onieda's and was never impressed by them . . . too complicated and noisy. But when my hunting buddy got his Phoenix I saw him shoot it and was very impressed. Weight was under 4#'s. Smoother than any cam bow I have ever shot and I have shot a lot of them over the years. The bow I sold, to get this was a Mathews. It was, what I felt was their smoothest called the Conquest. I had that bow longer than any bow in my life . . .about 5 years. I still really like Mathews but prefer the Phoenix. Perfect center shot, quiet and good speed. In fact, I think the Phoenix when tested ranked identical in the decibel level with Mathews quietest bow. They are made in Michigan. Just look under Monster Bow and you should see their site.

Long

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:01 AM

Nice, and I totally agree about the Oneida's.....heavy and loud!! How much have you shot the Phoenix?
Does it stay in tune? I don't see any dealers listed, did you have to order straight from the company?
Thanks for the info.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

I've been shooting mine for about 3 weeks now. Have had no problems with it staying in tune. Any and all adjustments are made with 2 allen wrenches. Mine is set up with a Whisker biscut rest, for hunting, and I am shooting with a release off of the bowstring. My buddy shoots the same thing only with a string loop. He has had his for several months with no problems. Right now you can order thru Monster bows for the Phoenix or get on the list for the Dragon which is a longer version of the Phoenix. There are also guys getting set to be dealers.

Go on their site and start asking questions. These are a great bunch of guys who are more than happy to share everything they know and have experienced with these bows. You will notice I have been on there asking questions and gotten great responces.

Long

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 02:43 PM

The Monster Bows Phoenix resembles an Oneida but its design and function is dramatically different...the Oneida used a lever action limb to pull over four cams through an intricate systems of braided steel cables and a wire binary timing system running through the handle...here is an Onieda

A phoenix is a lever/lever action bow....no cams, cables, timing wheels, cable guards, nada nada nada... It transfers the draw weight from the limbs to bowstring to split FF shoot thru cable harness... ??? I have shot one for 18 mos and still am "blown away" by these bows... Total centershot, no torque, no hand shock, and the bow is pushing 300fps IBO!!!! ....super quiet and only 3.5# physical weight...These bows are so aweet to shoot you can't put them down...

There has been a waiting list for these bows as each one is hand assembled but that is almost up to speed...I will be a dealer next month as they will start going "Dealer" sales soon. They have a longer ATA model coming soon in 2008 called the Dragon... my website is northwoodsadventures.net

The Monster website is http://monsterbows.com/...check them out!

Tom Gursky
Northwoods Guide Service
"May all your trophies be worthy of The Book"
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 02:51 PM

PS... The shoot thru harness and bowstring are 8125 Dyneema and will last over 30,000 shots!!!!

The bows come with a 10 yr garauntee and the MSRP is only $675. There are several color /camo and grip options... The basic bow covers 26.5 to 31" DLs with easy adjustments...no press or special tools needed...just a couple allen wrenches...

Weight choices are 30-60 and 50 to 80#...

For any info please PM me!

Tom Gursky
Northwoods Guide Service
"May all your trophies be worthy of The Book"
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 04:44 PM

Alright guys, thanks for all the info....you definitely have caught my interest.
Tom I tried to click on the link for your web site but it didn't work.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

Six,

I just tried Big Tom's website and it came right up.

Long

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page