Graybeard Outdoors banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent

2K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  Niska44 
#1 ·
Is very ill he is heavily sedated. You may not have to be concerned about him much longer.

He didn't want me to tell you this but i felt like i should. Niska :tango_face_crying:

#3 ·
NISKA. Prayer sent, more to come. YES, you should tell, how else would we know who is in need of prayer?? CHARLIE. :tango_face_crying:

#5 ·
Prayers sent Niska.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

#8 ·
That's horrible news, I hope he can take it easy and get better.

#12 ·
That is scary high blood pressure.

#14 ·
It sounds like he doesn't realize how serious that is.

#19 ·
May I be a jerk? Please forgive me if this is out of line, Niska.

I spent years working in the medical field, and realized that you can't force a patient to accept help if they don't want it. It really is up to them if they live or die. At some point in time, he has to decide to do whatever it takes to stay here WITH and FOR you. The rest of us, and really no one except YOU and HIM really, matter in this. But his choice is to either suck it up and do whatever it takes to stay in this life with you, or leave you by dying. I like him and have a lot of respect for him, so I know this sounds harsh. But if you could, please tell him I said to "pull his cranial cavity out of his anal cavity", or however you would like to rephrase that so he can understand properly, and take care of himself. I mean, you spent enough time beating him into something you could live with, he kinda owes you to stick around a while. I am still going to pray for you both, and hope he quits being a stubborn mule and does what he needs to in order to stay here in this life. If he loves you, and based on what you have both posted here, he definitely does, he will do this and whatever else it takes. I'm not asking him to like it, and I know he won't, but this is one of those times when you do what you have to do and grumble about how bad it sucked later, and live because you chose to go through a bit of pain and discomfort that was worth it in the end.

#26 ·
Thank you for letting us know Niska.

That's some pretty serious BP and is even higher than mine was by a little bit when I was first diagnosed. I think mine was 207/126 but I'm not certain. I fell from a ladder hitting my head on the arm of a kitchen chair breaking the chair completely apart. Had it not happened I'd have had no clue my BP was so out of whack. I'm on five BP meds now but it is under control these days.

Tell David to pull up his big boy britches and man up for you and Arial. He needs to do what the doctors tell him to do and not try to be macho about such a serious medical issue.

I'll add him to my prayer list starting tonight.

#28 ·
Talk of a stent is premature until they do a heart cath. They've done two of them on me and found nothing to require a stent. Even if it is needed it has become a real routine thing for cardiologist so he'll be fine after it if it is needed.

I am a bit surprised tho if they think a heart cath is needed to put it off that long. Normally if they think there might be blocked arteries they get the job done real fast.

If you think he is unhappy now with what they are doing to him wait until after the heart cath. He'll really be an unhappy camper. On my first one they didn't put me to sleep before they started to insert the cath probe. They kept hitting a nerve and failing to get into the artery in my groin. WOW was that fun. Next time I insisted I be out before they began and it wasn't bad tho that mess they patch over the hole they make with is a chore to get off afterward. Make sure they put him to sleep before they begin inserting the cath probe.

Best wishes to David for a speedy recovery. But do 'splain to him real clearly he needs to do what the doctors say to do and recover quickly for you and Arial.

Does he currently take BP meds or is he just now finding out he has high BP?

#29 ·
He is now but his new doctor is running every test imaginable on him. They found 75% blockage in a heart artery

It may happen very soon using a stent. I believe that's what is about to happen and July 11 is only a follow up.

They are saying he was experienceing a heart attack. But all he said was it felt like indigestion he was fine.

He was not fine I like this new doctor she is on top of his condition.

#33 ·
Niska, please tell David that our collective thoughts and prayers are with him. Sounds like the meds are seriously depressing him and that is something to discuss with his doctor right away. We see it in the nature of his posts when he was last on GBO. It was not like him at all.

Many of us have HBP and, like Bill, take meds to keep it under control. No big deal really. I know several people that have had their chests opened from Adam's Apple to Navel for bypass operations. Having folks put their hands in and messing with your insides is a BIG DEAL. That is neither pleasant nor easy from which to recover. For weeks the rule of their house becomes "Don't make (insert name) laugh!"

Of course, that bests the ultimate alternative. A stint is NO BIG DEAL by comparison (I am told). Some irritation, discomfort, and down time to rest and recouperate. My deer hunting partner had one following his minor heart attack. we nursed him back to good health in short order and he is still with us, alive and kicking to this day...thank you God.

Prayers sent for David and a speedy recovery, in particular to right away find the meds that do not make him depressed.

#36 ·
Like Bill I can empathize with David. Been there, done that! Twice! Prayers for all three of you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.