Armor Alloy Contender ?? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Default Armor Alloy Contender ??

I bought a Contender awhile back just talked to T/C they told me it was armor alloy does anybody have any information about this type of Contender????? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Armor Alloy Contender ??

For a little while T/C made them instead of stainless. They thought it was better, but the other Contender barrels would not fit that frame, nor would those barrels fit any thing but that type of frame. You can get them converted "fixed". I do not know for certain what they do. They didn't make a great number of calibers choices for that style frame. T/C switched to stainless and dropped the armor alloy ones. They are easy to identify they have an "A" at the start of the serial number.
jim
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 06:58 PM

There's an Armour Alloy and an Armour Alloy II. They are completely different finishes. The AA's have a different hinge pin diameter from the blued guns.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 05:50 PM

I own a AA II frame and 5 different barrels, It is the plating that causes the problem, nothing else. The thickness of the plating required T/C to use a smaller diameter hinge pin. To correct this problem at the factory T/C just reams the frame and barrels to remove the finish. The same can be done with a dowell and emery cloth (I've done this) and work slowly to ensure proper fit of the blue hinge pin.

docand 8)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 09:20 PM

Great post, doc-and, and you're right. Easy does it.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didnít pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free. Ronaldus Maximus
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 12:43 PM

I just bought an Armor Alloy frame and barrel, but no pin was included.
It came with 3 barrels so I don't want to ream the hinge pin hole out unless I have to.
I contacted customer support and of course they don't have any more and don't expect to have any.
I made a pin from a grade 8 bolt that mikes out at .372 that fits but is not quite a tight fit and I have a couple of standard blue pins that mike out at .374 that don't quite fit.
Does anyone know where I can purchase one or the exact diameter of the AA hinge pin?
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I could not find it.

Thanks,
Mike
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 06:39 AM

Contact Mike Bellm, he has hinge pins. There wasn't two different Armour Alloy frames, only one. As mentioned, the plating was the only issue with the barrels and i opened up my share as well. If i were you, id open the frame and barrels to accept a common hinge pin and enjoy it. The AA guns don't bring a premium over stainless guns. In fact many steer away from them due ti their proprietary nature.

A used up hag in the White House? Yeah that's what America needs!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Contact Eds TCs. Just click on his link at the top of this forum, call him as he doesn't do email.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page