Graybeard Outdoors banner

How to "diy" SAA action job!

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  atllaw 
#1 ·
If your SAA has a trigger pull that seems like your pulling mules, try the tricks outlined at page 17 in this article (old-time gunsmith shared his "secrets" on doing SAA action jobs years ago, forgotten knowledge today!). The link downloads the whole magazine, though (but it is interesting to note that a mere 60 years ago you could order surplus nazi machine guns through the mail, whereas today in some places you try to buy a cap gun and you'll get cussed out for "promoting a culture of violence"- had it happen to me!)

#2 ·
Great article, thanks! And a great issue in general. I especially was glad to see the write-up on Frank Eaton, aka: Pistol Pete. I've recently read a couple of his books and enjoyed them immensely. If half of what he wrote is true, he lived quite an adventurous life.

#4 ·
That mag brought back a lot of memories! I actually remember some of the advertisements! :eek:

And Ted williams... :-\ I got his autograph once when he was doing a signing at a gun store. Sure wish I still had it... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.