posting of loads on this fourm PLEASE READ - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Default posting of loads on this fourm PLEASE READ

From here on out as long as im moderator of this forum any loads which i feel are heavy posted for any gun on this fourm will be edited. If you wish to post a load you use you MUST post a loading manual by name and series and a page you got it from. There are to many beginning loaders on here that can get in serious trouble pushing guns to the limits. It only takes a small error at the level some of these loads are at to destory a gun or worse. If you wish to pass on loads it is an easy matter to email them. This is my stand and it will be inforced and if anyone continues after being warned i will take steps to ban you. This is my stand and i dont know how Greybeard feels about it but it will be inforced strictly. There is alot of confusion right now especially with .45 colts and i myself have allready been corrected suggesting loads to someone with a ruger not knowing he had a new small framed gun. Its just to easy to make a mistake.

sixgun addict
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

I have no problem with the stated policy Lloyd. I have tried hard to keep unsafe loads off these forums but I can't watch all threads on all forums to make it happen.

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 02:23 PM

I agree 100%.

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Single Action Revolvers

Lloyd Smale

Great idea because of the newbies that need advice should spend some money on loading manuals and not depend on the say so of persons on line. There are some that freely give out numbers not knowing how much the person knows about loading. ( A good way to get some one hurt ). A good stand Lloyd and i appluad your decision.......Joe..........

LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 03:42 PM

Agreed! Some of the Newbies (and some of the Oldies) would also do well to read the Loading Manuals from left to right. Instead of vice-versa.

No such thing as too dead.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:39 PM

Default Re: posting of loads on this fourm PLEASE READ

I once found a post, not on this board, where a guy gave a load for a rifle round useing 4895 data by mis- typed and gave 4227 as the powder. For anyone who has any idea about the burn rate chart you could tell at a glance that this load would blow-up any test gun. I posted and the guy must have been watching the board because he came right back with the correction. It was an honest mistake, but it could have gotten someone hurt real bad. For that reason I recomand that that you check any loading data you get from any place other than a known safe source, ie. powder manufacture or good manual. With the improvements in powders even the older manuals have some dangerious loads in them. If your an Ackley fan you should know that mosy of his data was hot in his day and can be real dangerious today.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 02:55 PM

DITTO

I never did feel comfortable with giving loads out over the internet. Like you said, too many FNG's out there to get themselves hurt. I will give out powder and bullet manufacturers, but not specifics.

Well done sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another voice in the crowd!!!

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 01:03 PM

I agree with Lawful Larry. It is too cumbersome to require the moderators to check every load posted. If one slips through, the uninformed might presume it is safe. Perhaps the policy should be as Larry stated bullet and powder type only-no specific load. Just MHO.

No such thing as too dead.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 04:02 PM

I can't understand why people would try to reload any caliber without a manuel.
My grandfather who knows so much about reloading told me a load for .45LC that he had loaded for years and was a load I had shot for years but when I started to reload the same round, I first checked the book.
Check the book! Always!
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 09:24 AM

I have no problem with people posting their favorite loads. BUT everyone should have[/color] and use[/color] updated loading manuals. I still buy a loading manual from a different company every year or so, just to keep up with new calibers, powders, bullets & loads. A couple of my favorite manuals so far is Lyman # 48, Lyman Pistols & Revolvers & of course my old favorite Ken Waters Pet Loads. LOAD SAFELY!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page