Buckmark Silhouette - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Default Buckmark Silhouette

I've just purchased a buckmark silhouette online and have a few questions. The SN is 655NR----- which according to browning makes it a 1997. so is this gun as good as the older ones? Or is it alltogether different?
It has a 9.875 barrel with the full length scope base, both front and rear sights are adjustable and are both hooded. The seller says it has a adjustable trigger from 2.5-5.0 lbs and includes the original box and manual.
How ever it does not have a wood forend like the ones that I'm used to seeing at silhouette matches.
I haven't recieved it yet but was wondering if it was worth the 305.00 dollars I paid for it?
There's another one on the same website (gunbroker) that the auction ends tonight and the high bid was 355.00 last time I looked, It has the forend, but the hoods, the case deflector and the box and manual are not included.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Donzov
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 07:14 PM

Afaik, all the Buckmarks use the same action and vary pretty much only by sights, grips and bbl length. I believe the model with the foreend was the original silhoette model. Browning dis-coned. it. I think they reintroduced the name on a later model that had a shorter and fluted bbl and blk/red laminate grips. No foreend and a different sight set. Either one should serve you well. I have shot the Buckmark and owned a "Target" modle for a while. Mine was quite finiky with ammo for a while but now shoots problem free and is quite accurate. You made a fine choice. :grin:
I too saw the other model on Gunbroker but passed since it wasn't complete. I've wanted one of the original silhouette models for yrs. Someday. :wink:

"Never Surrender, Just Carry On." - G.S.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 01:05 AM

I have one of the Buckmarks with the 9.8" bull barrels that you described without the wood forearm. It is the Varmint model. Mine came with black rubberized grips with a built in thumbrest. I have an older Japan made Tasco 2X scope on it. It is one of my favorite and most accurate .22 pistols.

I also have one of the Silhouett models and a 5.5 Field model also. Can't have too many Buckmarks.

Rockhunter
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 07:38 AM

I also have the varmint model, definately a very accurate pistol. I started with a Tasco red dot on it, but swithced to a 2x Leupold. I couldn't renember to turn the dang red dot scope off :roll:
I would say you paid a fair price for the gun. Enjoy it!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 03:25 PM

I have the silhouette model too.( 94 vintage if memory serves) Very accurate and fun to shoot. It makes me look good. Trigger is adjustable and is pretty darn good for a factory trigger. I think you'll be pleased. ( I liked it so much I bought a 5.5 " version ) Mine came without the rear hood so I researched and found that e-gunparts.com, Brownells.com and browning themselves carry the parts for them .

As for price, I think you did OK. Enjoy it!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 08:54 PM

In looking at my owners manual, there are two possabilities. You might have the varmint model that had no forend (or sights) that has had sights added, or somebody simply lost the forend to your silhouette model.
If it's the latter, this might help:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...129565243&rd=1
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Buckmarks

Here is a picture of a Silhouette and a Varmint model.

Rockhunter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page