Graybeard Outdoors banner

Primed .22 brass ?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  castaway 
#1 ·
Do you know of any place that sells primed .22 lr brass?

I have a old single shot from the end of the Black Powder days that is longing for it's youth.

Might order one of the .22 reloading kits.

#3 ·
She is a smokeless gun from the 1910-20s. No lack of ammo. Have even run Stingers in her.

The bore is bad and looks like what I would expect from something that had fired a lot of BP.

I just wanted to try some BP in it. Can't screw it up.

This is one of those "Just Cuz I Can" things.

Rem mod 6.

Attachments

#4 ·
you could get the dies from the same place that sells the re-primer set up and just pull apart loaded rounds

#6 ·
Primed .22 cases have disappeared in 2013 or 14 when I seen them last. I still have a coffee can and part of one left from the 80'. I would gladly give you a hand full if your close to NW Ill. I cant send them to you.

#7 ·
Thanks Lead Pot. I'm in Occupied California fighting to stay as non PC as I can. Tend to piss people off.

--------------------------
About the mod 6.

I have posted this several places over the years so forgive me if this is a repeat . (old man issues)

Been thinking back a lot lately so this is therapy.
---
I have a old .22 Rem mod 6. Even though it is not a BP gun it is from the end of the BP cartridge days. The bore looks like it fired quite a few.

It was may dads and grand fathers along with a rem mod 41 Target Master that is still good at 100 yards.

This happened in the mid 1930s when my dad was 10 or 11. At the time his father (my g-pa) was the stage manager at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in Pasadena Ca. You all have seen it on TV. It is the one that American Idol used for Hollywood week and is NOT in Hollywood.It's about 1 block from the Rose Parade.

One day on summer break G-pa asked if he would like to go to work with him. Of course he said yes. G-pa then said "and bring your "good boy" gun".

When they got to work G-pa told him that they were having problems with bats in the rigging HIGH over the stage.He gave him a box of .22 shot shells and told him to climb up to the cat walks and spend the day shooting bats for him!

Can you hear the S--T storm from the nanny state today if a kid with a gun was killing bats 90 feet over a stage with no harness or safety rail?

Fast forward a few years. He is a 20mm gunner on the carrier WASP.He put 30 rounds into a kamikaze for what is officially the last hostile shoot down of the war.

Thanks for letting me drift. O&G.

#8 ·
The last 22LR primed empty cases were Aguila on the Hunting Shack. They sold out instantly when the word hit the street. I called Aguila to determine if there would be more for sale. Was told - order 500,000 and they will have them shipped. Also called several commercial ammo vendors asking for primed empties... Nope, Legal Liability

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.