T/C Greyhawk - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Default T/C Greyhawk

I have a new SS T/C Greyhawk 50 cal., 1/48 twist does anyone have any expirence with a good load for this? And also the sights are solid black can I can get some fiber optics to replace them? Where should I look. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: T/C Greyhawk

My brother-in-law has the same gun. His shoots 385 Hornady Great Plains bullets over 90 grains Pyrodex RS real well - 2 1/2" 100 yard groups.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 03:53 AM

I have a grey hawk in 54 cal. It likes 80grs 777/w/ RPB,and 70grs,777 w/ 300gr. Lee REAL bullet. ;D Yes you can order the fiber optic sights from T/C. Ron

UNCOMPENSATED ENDORSER
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 11:56 AM

I have one in 50 cal. it like 3F & Pyro P from 60grs on up to 100grs. I use PRB's, PA. conical, maxi-balls, Real 320grs plus a few others!

Keep yer nose into the wind & slip from tree to tree in the shadows, you have come fer pilgrim! Miss Vixen & Miss Phoenix, I am The Vixenmaster!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 07:43 AM

I took the Grey Hawk out to the range yesterday. I had cast some Lee "real" bullets for it,and wanted to see how they shot. At 50yds. the first shot cut the bullseye,on the right. I moved the rear sight,and the second shot was dead center. I was using 80grs. of T7. Now I started shooting,and the longer I shot it,the farther it would go to the left,so I would give the rear sight a couple of clicks to the right. I switched over to RPB and the same thing would happen. I've checked all the sights (front,and rear) and they are tight. I was shooting pretty fast,could the barrel have been too hot? This one has me stumped ??? Any ideas are welcome. Ron

UNCOMPENSATED ENDORSER
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:41 PM

Sounds like yer barrel got warm and started walking on you. May have a pressure point on the right side causing it to hit left as it gets hot.

Keep yer nose into the wind & slip from tree to tree in the shadows, you have come fer pilgrim! Miss Vixen & Miss Phoenix, I am The Vixenmaster!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 02:05 PM

smokepolehall You are prouably right! I tend to shoot very fast. I need a guideline on sighting in,as how long to wait between shots. Maybe 2-3 minutes between shots? Ron

UNCOMPENSATED ENDORSER
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 09:44 PM

I love GBO, I just picked up a .50cal Grey Hawk today myself and have entered into the new world of Black powder. I came here first to check the threads, and .......well nuff said. So my question so far is the use of powder vs. pellet. Can you use pellets in this cap type firearm or is that for in lines only. I plan on just using ball ammo at first and work my way up. I'm sure I will have lots of questions as I grow.

Take care and let me have some opinions
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 06:18 AM

It takes me several min. too load from scratch, ain't in no hurry. I am thinking you have a pressure pt. causing it to string like that. Mongo, pellets take serious fire to ignite them. Very hot caps with lots of flame time. I personally have never tried it but have read on forums of others that did. They usually went with musket caps or converted nipple fer shotgun primers.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 08:19 PM

Thanks smokepolehall, I do have one more question. Can I load this as a shot gun as well as a rifle/muzzle loader or because of possible fowling of the rifling I should avoid this?
May be a dumb question, but for now I just don't know the answer.

Thanks

Mongo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page