Shooting World War Two Small Arms - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Default Shooting World War Two Small Arms

That's the title of Mike Venturino's new book. The thing which sets Mike's books apart for all others is that first word "shooting". He shoots and reloads for the actual guns he is writing about whether it be Colt Single Actions, Old West Leverguns, Buffalo Rifles or now WWII Small Arms. He has chapters on rifles, pistols, carbines, submachineguns, machineguns and sniper rifles. I don't buy a lot of books but I have all of Mike's books and find them very useful as reference and reloading guides.

The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Shooting World War Two Small Arms

Thank you

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 02:36 PM

Yes, I have the world largest inventory of books. A public Library card. I will see if they have that issue of Mr. Venturino's books. Thanks for the tip.

Too soon old . . . Too late smart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Well good luck with that library card, I've never found much material on guns or shooting at the public library even though I've always lived in "gun country".

The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotejoe
Well good luck with that library card, I've never found much material on guns or shooting at the public library even though I've always lived in "gun country".
I used to frequent the library, but now the hunting/shooting/fishing section is about 18 inches wide on one shelf.
but if you want to read about black history etc., there's thousands of books to choose from.

So the last time I ran across some ladies burning their bra's, I tossed in my library card.

democrats are in favor of the wholesale slaughter of God's most precious; unborn babies.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 09:20 PM

I found it online for $47 in hardbound. I once belonged to a shooting club that shot various military arms in scenarios that corresponded to the wars the weapons were used in. I was the historian and had to pass on which weapons would have been in use in the particular scenario. I shot a WWl trench scenario using a 1019 Brazilian Mauser. Brazil sent a half battalion to France. It was summer in Brazil so some of the soldiers were barefoot when the arrived in France. This book would have been very useful to me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page