Graybeard Outdoors banner

SWFA SS 10x42

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  KNIFE_NUT_1981 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yes, the focus adjustment is on the rear of the scope, in front of the eyepiece, where the variable power adjustment knob would be, if it had one. I have never seen this on any scope before, but I think I like it. I just prefer a fixed power scope, rather than variable power, and I would like to have a 10x because it's not TOO much for 50 yard shooting, and it's still enough for precision work out to 300 or so. But I am am always open to anything if the price is right. Why? Got one for sale?

#4 ·
I like this overall setup, and would have no second thoughts about purchasing this one, if it were a brand I am familiar with. My main objective with this post is to find out what the quality is like on this scope, or SWFA scopes in general, as I have absolutely no experience with them. Never seen one on a rifle, or even in a store, for that matter. Anybody have one? Ever used one?

#5 ·
If you do much reading over on Snipershide you'll see that most folks absolutely love SWFA scopes. The $300 scope line up can't be beat. Really good glass at a reasonable price. I have a fixed 20X model on my Barret M99 with no issues. If you buy it and don't like it you can re-sell it for $275 or so and not be out much.

#8 ·
I had one of those $300 Tasco/Super Sniper scopes in 20x (not to be confused with the new line of SWFA SS), but frankly the glass wasn't that good. Look up the current Sightron closeouts on SWFA's site; the 16x Sightron SIII would be a much better scope (I have one) for only a hundred bucks more...

#9 ·
Just want to say thanks for the good advice! Bought this scope around Christmas time, mounted it on my Savage Mark II, and absolutely LOVE it! Definitely can't be beat for the price! Currently considering a 2nd one to put on a Rem 700 I have in .308. She lacks glass at present, and I can't think of a better suited scope for the purpose... Thanks guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.