I believe all the conquests were 1 inch

sixgun addict
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Zeiss conquest

Lloyd Smale wrote: "I believe all Conquests were 1 inch."

Not true. The 3-12x56 was 30mm.

Lloyd Smale also wrote: "If you have problems you will have to pay for service."

That's also false as Zeiss scopes carry full and transferable warranties and will either be repaired or replaced. I recently bought a new-old-stock Conquest 3-12x56 that only had 44 clicks of windage. Since it was no longer a production item, they upgraded me to a new Conquest DL 3-12x50 with #60 (illuminated) reticle, quite the upgrade as that's a $1400 scope. And when the band on the lens covers of my 20-year-old scope separated from the cover itself, they sent me a new set. A few years ago, a friend of mine chipped the objective glass in his 4.5-14x44 when he went down a shale slide. His elevation turret was also badly scuffed. His scope still functioned perfectly, but after the hunt, he sent it in for a thorough check-up. Two weeks later, he received a fully-refurbished scope -- complete with new objective lens -- for no charge. I'd say that's pretty good customer service.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

That I very good news to hear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 04:35 AM

suprising, I never had to send mine in for service but have heard a lot of horror storys online from guys that got bills for repair that were near the worth of the scope from ziess. Maybe they've changed since then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetwyominghome
Lloyd Smale wrote: "I believe all Conquests were 1 inch."

Not true. The 3-12x56 was 30mm.

Lloyd Smale also wrote: "If you have problems you will have to pay for service."

That's also false as Zeiss scopes carry full and transferable warranties and will either be repaired or replaced. I recently bought a new-old-stock Conquest 3-12x56 that only had 44 clicks of windage. Since it was no longer a production item, they upgraded me to a new Conquest DL 3-12x50 with #60 (illuminated) reticle, quite the upgrade as that's a $1400 scope. And when the band on the lens covers of my 20-year-old scope separated from the cover itself, they sent me a new set. A few years ago, a friend of mine chipped the objective glass in his 4.5-14x44 when he went down a shale slide. His elevation turret was also badly scuffed. His scope still functioned perfectly, but after the hunt, he sent it in for a thorough check-up. Two weeks later, he received a fully-refurbished scope -- complete with new objective lens -- for no charge. I'd say that's pretty good customer service.

sixgun addict
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 10:30 AM

Here is a very current thread on Zeiss CS. Billyjack...I hope you enjoy your new scope.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...y#Post11478266

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd
very comparable to the newer vx2 leupold/4200 bushnell/vortex diamondback in optical performance. .
Zeiss Conquest were way better optically than a VX-2 and Light Years better and any Vortex especially a Diamondback.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 06:35 AM

what have you based this on???? Have you ever looked through a vortex razor, viper or golden eagle???? Bottom line is there no doubt better then the old vari x 2 but NO better then a new vx2. I own both. I have no reason to say the leupold is as good. Conquests are a decent scope. Not a great scope. If they were as good as some claim ziess would have a heck of a time getting people to justify buying there GOOD glass. But anyone that makes the comment that a conquest is better then anything vortex makes in my opinion is a poor judge of optics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd
very comparable to the newer vx2 leupold/4200 bushnell/vortex diamondback in optical performance. .
Zeiss Conquest were way better optically than a VX-2 and Light Years better and any Vortex especially a Diamondback.

sixgun addict
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 07:40 AM

so if i buy a used conquest, you had better get the warranty transfered to get it serviced? how about a 40 year old used scope you buy that suffers a gas leak that you want serviced? that exactly what happened to me with a m-8 3x leupold and leupold sent me a new fx-3x20mm big bore matt from the custom shop(399.00) free, including postage. i,ll keep my leupolds and not worry about some one getting good service 40 years down the road after i,m dead. eastbank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 7872.jpg (685.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 7874.jpg (739.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 7872.jpg (685.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 7874.jpg (739.2 KB, 12 views)
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 07:17 AM

yup you buy a leupold and even your great grandchild will be able to get it fixed or replaced for free. Try sending ziess a 40 year old scope and see what they tell you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastbank
so if i buy a used conquest, you had better get the warranty transfered to get it serviced? how about a 40 year old used scope you buy that suffers a gas leak that you want serviced? that exactly what happened to me with a m-8 3x leupold and leupold sent me a new fx-3x20mm big bore matt from the custom shop(399.00) free, including postage. i,ll keep my leupolds and not worry about some one getting good service 40 years down the road after i,m dead. eastbank.

sixgun addict
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 07:33 AM

what I see a lot of on the internet is internet experts. they have never compared one side by side with other scopes. That and they just to bash Leopold because there the top dog. Many will claim x scope is better then a a vari x leupold. Well leupold has come A LONG way in the last 10 years. THe newest vx2 and vx3 are vastly superior to the older models. Bottom line is leupold has made big gains in optical quality and zeiss has gone backward with there terra brand entry level scopes. Just because a scope says ziess on it doenst mean your getting yourself a top line 2000 dollar ziess scopes lenses. If there top line cost 2k what kind of compromises do you think they had to make to sell one for 500 bucks?

Like I said I have owned conquest scopes for about 20 years. Ive used them in the field and have compared them side by side with lots of scopes. There a decent scope and 20 years ago were one of the best in there price line. But scopes like the Nikon monarch, bushnel 4200, and the newest leupolds (even the vx2) are less expensive and have just as good or better optics and have real warrantees because I don't care what you buy or how much you spend on it, any scope can fail.

Leupold, Nikon and bushnel will replace or repair it even if you run over it with your truck or drop the gun on a rock riding your horse. Nikon just replaced a bushmaster with one of the new pro staffs for me that my daughter who had and is recovering from a narcotics addiction smashed the rifle over my son in laws head and bent the back of the scope right down to the tang of the rifle. I told them exactly what happened and told them I would understand if they did nothing but low and behold a new scope came in the mail. Leupold once replaced an old and I mean OLD vari x 2 because I dropped it and bent the objective lense. They to sent me a new updated scope free. Ive got a story about vortex too. I bought a strike fire with the green and red dot. It just didn't seem to be bright enough for a sunny day so I called them to ask them about it. They told me they would send me a new one that just red that is brighter and to try it out and if I liked it return the one I didn't like when I got around to it. You think zeiss is going to do that????

Those conquests are good for one thing. Lots of guys use them to impress there buddys that they have a zeiss scope when there buddys arent gun savoy to know it isn't a 2k scope. It impresses them much more then a 4200 Bushnell that has bushnell wrote on it. If that's your thing then have at it. I'm more interested in real world performance and would take the 4200.

sixgun addict

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page