leupold european - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Default leupold european

other then having a 30mm main tube i know nothing about these scopes.what type of glass do they compare to? i have someone who wants to sell me a euro 4x12x40 with duplex reticle for $200.00 he said he paid over $500.00 for it years ago.i think its a great deal but also know this model was discontinued for some reason. what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 10:09 AM

Hi...I buy euro scopes a lot. I probably have 6 or 7 though mostly weavers. The euro scope gives you a varminter crosshair with 3 thick posts. I buy weavers because they also have an illuminated reticle, 30mm tubes and are of very good quality (euro type scopes tend to be top of the line models). A couple have 1st focal plain designs which is popular with the europeans and means that as you increase the power the reticle magnifies and gets thicker. The 30mm tube and the power dependent reticle helps for light transmission when you shoot at or after dusk as is legal in much of Europe. The others have the standard 2nd focal plain design so that as you increase power, the reticle stays the same. I suspect the Leupold is of great quality and is a 1st focal plane design. I'd be surprised if it had an illuminated reticle. I think the price for what it is is right and I for one would not hesitate to buy it...but...you have to get used to the fact that on 12x, that reticle could kinda thick for the long shots...you need to try looking through it for sure.

Good Luck and please let us know what you decide....

Doug
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the info doug i bought the scope the crosshair is duplex which is very fine and does not change as you go up in power. thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page