let me stir up the big truck small truck new truck old truck arugement some more - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Default let me stir up the big truck small truck new truck old truck arugement some more

I can stir up the small pickup guys and the old pickup guys in one post. I just traded my "OLD" 2015 Silverado for a NEW 2017! The young guy I deal with at the chev garage called me and said there really in need of used trucks and he could cut me the deal of a lifetime on a new one. Trading my old z71 for a new Z71 cost me about . With the rebates and the 0 percent financing my loan pay off date stayed the same and my payment is only 50 bucks more a month for a total of 6k difference in price. Well worth that as I'm getting a warrantee again (my bumper to bumper was about to expire) New tires (end of this summer id have to replace them), new shocks brakes, wiper blades, Well new everything. Big increase in resale value to boot. Just the increase in resale value was more then the 6k.

here it is
http://www.foxnegauneegm.com/Vehicle...-MI/2862045043

sixgun addict
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 08:27 AM

In May of 99, I bought a new Tacoma and am still driving it. it has 77,000 miles on it and runs like a new one.

democrats are in favor of the wholesale slaughter of God's most precious; unborn babies.
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 08:58 AM

Gun Cabinet

I have a 2014 Ram. I like it alot but kinda wish my dealer made me a deal like that. The local Honda dealers have been circling like vultures trying to buy our 2012 Odyssey minivan. Seems to be an increase of young parents wanting to buy used vans in our area.

Thanks, Dinny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 10:15 AM

My '05 Jeep Wrangler now has 201K on it, I'll have to replace it at some point but I like not having car payments right now. It enables me to buy more important things like guns :-)

"Paper is poverty...it is the ghost of money, and not money itself."

--- Thomas Jefferson May 27, 1788

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 10:40 AM

Wink Old truck/New Truck

Lloyd, It works both ways. Either trade every two years...or...keep it 'til she dies. Up until I retired I had a company truck and a personal truck. Of course you know how much the personal truck got driven. It was a "keep her 'til she die" and still is, but my company had a policy to trade every three years, that is until myself and one of our accountants showed 'em on paper that it was beneficial to trade sooner...every two years. My 'ol 2004 F-150 FX4 and I are gonna see who lives longest...hope it comes to a tie.
Big truck - Little truck. Well...never had a little one, so I just won't even go there.
My yours bring you great service and much happiness.
Walthttp://www.go2gbo.com/forums/images/GreyBeardOutdoors_toucan/icons/post_face_wink.png
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 10:40 AM

I have a 15 High Country with about 50k on it, would trade it in if got same deal as you for sure...

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the **** they please. --John Wayne
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 05:56 PM

Have a 1966 F100 and a 2006 first gen Tundra so I don't consider a 2015 anything old.

wtxbadger
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinny View Post
I have a 2014 Ram. I like it alot but kinda wish my dealer made me a deal like that. The local Honda dealers have been circling like vultures trying to buy our 2012 Odyssey minivan. Seems to be an increase of young parents wanting to buy used vans in our area.

Thanks, Dinny
Same with the Crown Vics, the owner of our local Ford dealer has been after me to sell ours to him for a long time now.
Other than that intake manifold recall its been a truly great car. Vics have a heart of gold. The last of the age of the great rear wheel drive sedans.
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

gave my 2000 tj to the granddaughter last year and bought a 15 2 door jk. It is so much nicer then the tj that its hard to call them both jeeps. If you like your 05 you will love the new ones. Just stick to a 2013 or newer. The 2011 and before had the 3.8 and its kind of an oil burning dud and the switch to the better 3.6 happened in 12 but the 12s had head problems. comparing my new one to my 2000 is about like comparing the 2000 to a ww2 army jeep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebass73 View Post
My '05 Jeep Wrangler now has 201K on it, I'll have to replace it at some point but I like not having car payments right now. It enables me to buy more important things like guns :-)

sixgun addict
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:53 AM

I keep every vehicle I buy for 12 to 15 years, unless (like almost all Fords), they start falling apart after 125,000 miles. My current Nissan Pathfinder is a 2003. It runs great. It has never once failed to start or broken down. It costs me about $300 a year in non-critical repairs. Nissan always has the parts and always fixes it perfectly. My personal property taxes run about $55 a year. Since I am retired, I only drive around 7,500 miles a year now.

If you love big trucks, big monthly payments, high personal property taxes, and high insurance rates, then by all means, go buy a new big truck. It is good for the economy.

Mannyrock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page