New York State - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Default New York State

!@$#%^^&*($%#@!@!@%^&*)_+
There, now that I have cussed New York, I'll explain.
My wife and I started planning a trip to Niagara falls in July but I discover that I'll have to be
unarmed while in the state.
May I at least carry pepper spray?? if not, we will cancel our trip and go elsewhere.

democrats are in favor of the wholesale slaughter of God's most precious; unborn babies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Everywhere but the City I am told are nice places to visit. My fiancée is from Oneonta. I am told that it is nice there. Northern girl...Southern boy...a meeting of the hearts. Fortunately, for both of us, it isn't too late.

In the South, as in "down here", when someone says they are from New York it immediately becomes "The City". Automatic...too often true rather than false. I swear when I get old I am going up north to drive slow.

There is no reciprocity w/NY for my CCW there. They do not recognize a FL/USA right to carry and we'll gladly not recognize theirs because of that. I do know that The City dominates politics throughout the entire State and in that ALL Americans in NY State are affected. We can only hope that one day the planets will align and some right thinking Republicans will prevail in NYC.

Better to be judged by 12 than be carried by 6.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post

Better to be judged by 12 than be carried by 6.
This may be how I go with pepper spray; which is illegal unless bought at a NY gun dealer.

democrats are in favor of the wholesale slaughter of God's most precious; unborn babies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:43 AM

Come up to Northern New England Ron, it's just as pretty as upstate NY and all 3 states; Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine have Constitutional carry.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:09 AM

But how do you get to New England without going thru New York state (unless you fly)?
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
But how do you get to New England without going thru New York state (unless you fly)?
I imagine those communists make you unload your gun, put it in a locked case in your trunk and put your ammo in a separate locked case somewhere else but I'm not positive on that. You could always take a boat in order to bypass New York.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebass73 View Post
I imagine those communists make you unload your gun, put it in a locked case in your trunk and put your ammo in a separate locked case somewhere else but I'm not positive on that. You could always take a boat in order to bypass New York.

You can't take a handgun through NY in any way shape or form.
and you have to buy pepper spray in a NY gunshop.

Thanks for the invite double, but you don't have niagara falls and that's what the little woman wants to see.

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:29 PM

Long ago, and very far away........sound familiar? I went to college in upstate N.Y.. Paul Smith's College, as a forestry major, That world is totally, or was,different from the downstate crazyness that is going on now. I went to a wedding of a classmate in western N.Y.. Same thing...different world. Too bad that one city can give a whole state a black eye. Yes....I actually said BLACK eye. It seems that whenever a whole bunch of people gather to make a big city, things go downhill fast. N.Y. as a whole is a nice place.... just remove the city.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
You can't take a handgun through NY in any way shape or form.
and you have to buy pepper spray in a NY gunshop.

Thanks for the invite double, but you don't have niagara falls and that's what the little woman wants to see.
That's insane, even the people's republik of Mass let's you bring a locked handgun through.

I figured the wife had her heart set on Niagara, you'll have to make do with pepper spray.

Liberal Logic 101:

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:01 AM

bugeye: The whizzing contest twixt Georgia and NYS is because NYS won't recognize Georgia permits, for whatever stupid reason, and as a result Georgia refuses to recognize NYS permits. I had to obtain a out of state Florida permit to be able to carry through the south, including Georgia. I then obtained a Utah permit which allows me to carry in only one or two places where neither Florida or NY permits are recognized.

IN NYS, especially heavily touristed areas like Niagara Falls you usually see a very low crime rate and nobody really bothers you. I've been there about half a dozen times, unarmed, with no problems.

If you are driving you always have the options of mace or some other deterant spray and I do not believe that Bear spray is illegal. There are also other deterant sprays, like Raid Wasp and Hornet Killer that are extremely effective and have about the range of a large can of Bear Spray, but I don't know if that would have any permanent effects for which you could/would be held liable. I suppose however that if you spray and walk away who would know, but the choice would be yours. Bear spray might be the better choice unless you intend to flick your bic and really light'm up.....

I am not going to recommend that you carry a sidearm, even if it is legally registered in your state and so concealable that nobody knows you are carrying. The new york commies who run this state love to make examples of those they can It is, I believe, more a fact that you are not licensed to carry in NYS than it would be a unregistered firearm. Your firearm is registered which makes it legal in your home state but it is not registered in NYS, so they can have a field day with you if you're caught.

My Florida permit allows me to carry concealed in Florida but the permit card does not list the sidearms I would carry but does not make them illegal. They are legally registered here in NYS, to me, and that makes them legally owned although I may not be able to carry them in places like new york city. I can legally travel to the State of Massachusetts with a sidearm as long as that sidearm is legally registered in the state where I am licensed and I am authorized to carry it.

And, no matter what, stay the hay out of new jersey. That state is so anti gun it makes nys look promising. Good luck and hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page