My health, ins company trying to kill me. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Default My health, ins company trying to kill me.

As many of you know, my health has declined greatly the past few years. Heart disease, diabetes, and I was diagnosed as stage 4 emphysema almost 3 years ago, there are only 5 stages, next month I'll have been on oxygen 2 years.

Since changing 2 heart meds last Aug I've only had 3 or 4 bad attacks in 7 months needing 2-3 nitros+ chewing up an aspirin before it quit. Before that I was having severe chest pains at least once a week, God is good, always.
Patty's and mine ins is through medicare Medicaid. I assume another faze of osamacare kicked in the 1st of the year. Ins denied payment on several of Patty's diabetes meds so she is now taking the 2nd or 3rd best meds.

They took away the dulera inhaler I've used for years, said I could have either symbicort or breo. I told the nurse P that symbicort had almost killed me several years before, so I got the breo, I liked it and it helped. 2 weeks later I got a letter saying they would NOT pay for that either. Now I'm taking respirimat that doesn't seem to do anything. It gets better. I went for 2 weeks using an old inhaler 1 or 2 puffs a day instead of 4 so I could stretch it til I saw the nurse P 2 weeks later. She said she is running out of options what ins will pay for.
Last week my oxygen provider called and said the ins co now says I no longer qualify for any oxygen but overnight, no more portable btls. I use one in the car and in stores, and Church, and especially if we go out to eat.
I guess this is part of osamas plan to kill off the older folks. Prayers appreciated. CHARLIE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 10:17 PM

Prayers are sent my friend.

democrats are in favor of the wholesale slaughter of God's most precious; unborn babies.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

Sorry to hear about the insurance problems Charlie. I sure didn't realize you had been on oxygen for two years now. That makes me wonder how long it has been for me as I was on it years before you managed to get it.

I still have my government employee Blue Cross plan and it pays really well. Of course it costs me thousands of dollars a year and so it should.

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 12:47 AM

Location: Smack Dab in the middle of God's Country! Saskatchewan, Of Course!

is this Obama's "Affordable Care Act" in action?

I am ONLY responsible for what I say
I am NOT responsible for what you THINK I said
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 12:10 PM

I truly believe it was the intent, limiting services and medications to send we older ones home.
Prayed for you as I was reading, and am continuing.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

My family dr died a couple of years ago and we now go to a nurse practitioner, she's a far cry for a dr. I have constant pain in my back and take hydrocordone for it. She said if the script runs out drop by the office and she'd renew it, I also take tramadol. Rn out and took 2 weeks before seeing her, I was in misery. She says my pain is just arthritis, dunno. She's only in the office a couple of times a month. WE need a REAL DR here. CHARLIE.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 02:13 AM

God Bless you Charlie
Sorry this new ins. Is so miserable
Hopefully it will get better
Praying for you

Tommyt
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
God Bless you Charlie
Sorry this new ins. Is so miserable
Hopefully it will get better
Praying for you

Tommyt

TOMMY, it IS new ins, different company, all through medicare medicaid. I only have a few of the smaller btls of oxygen left, I've been doing without while shopping, saving them for Church, which uses up a btl. Tomorrow is order and delivery day but I'm not ordering any til this gets straightened out. CHARLIE.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 10:59 AM

Prayers sent Charlie.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 07:22 AM

Prayers for you my friend, and to our new President as well so he can get this mess of obama (non) care replaced by something that works....<><....

"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page