Graybeard Outdoors banner

Local Preacher

798 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  doublebass73 
#1 ·
The voice of a hero & one of the greatest preachers of his generation, 88 year old Korean Combat Marine, Daniel Legg this Sunday at the Fairview FWB Church. I'm blessed to know him & preach at times on his daily radio program. The sound clip is 6 minutes, hope you enjoy.

Sound clip.

See less See more
1 2
#2 ·
Thank you! I worked with a man who was in Korea, traveling down a road in a jeep when the Lord told him to get out of the jeep, he did and a round hit the jeep, totally destroying it.
Attended church with a man who went out under fire to save a wounded buddy, was taken captive, survived and returned. 1/3 of POW's did not survive. When they took him captive they didn't find his new testament, he had it with him every day. One thing I always noticed was he always spoke to everyone
each day at church, he always checked up on everyone. I believe he did so while held captive and in doing
so did the will of G-d for the captives.

#4 ·
That guy is a treasure as are all of our vets. Last fall my son's Boy Scout troop had the pleasure of stacking wood for a local Korean War vet who was a POW. He lives up on a mountain and is no longer strong enough to stack the amount of wood he needs for the winter so my son's troop and another local troop got together and stacked 3 cords in and around his house so he could stay warm for the winter. It was an honor for myself and the boys to serve a guy that gave so much for us.

#6 ·
Will do. I agree, there is much to be learned from our veterans. I was glad the boys got to help and spend time with a Korean war vet. We told him we'd gladly help him out every year from now on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.