Graybeard Outdoors banner

saw this on eating the fruit seeds for health

650 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  goodshot 
#1 ·

I thought it was pretty good.

#2 ·
I'll start eating the seeds now. They can't be as bad tasting as some things I have eaten.

Thanks, Dinny

#4 ·
I didn't see the video, but one thing to consider about fruit seeds is that, being indigestible, they are often the cause of appendicitis that can lead to emergency surgery.

(One guy who learned that apple seeds contain cyanide asked me how many apple seeds it would take to kill his step mother. I guess they didn't get along. I think my answer was something like it would take thousands. Creepy.)

#5 ·
I think you have to chew them up to be digestible, all seeds have that outer coating that allows them to pass through the digestive system intact. check out a feed lot where they have pigs running with the cattle
you'll see them picking out the undigested grain from the cow flop.

#6 ·
I chewed some apple seeds tonight. I spit out the black shells and consumed the white centers. They didn't seem to have a bad taste.

Thanks, Dinny

#7 ·
I like the hint of cherry taste, that is the cyanide, apricot and peach pits as well though the apple seeds are easier to get to. I am past 60, that is the age the body loses the ability to prevent mutation, i'll let you know
in 20 years how it went. ha!
I know I got a bad thing cut out about 15 years ago, would have kilt me by now, way too much smoking, red meat, beer etc.
Pretty much down to flatulence as my major sin now, if that is one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.