Has any food ever made you vomit in immediate reaction to it? - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:39 PM

Red cabbage and brussel sprouts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 02:32 AM

Location: Smack Dab in the middle of God's Country! Saskatchewan, Of Course!

anything from Mc'D's

except their fries... they are still edible

I sure wish they would go back to using Lard/Tallow to fry in!

I am ONLY responsible for what I say
I am NOT responsible for what you THINK I said
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 01:30 PM

Canned peas for me. Otherwise I will eat just about anything. Even fresh peas...

Cartridges for My Entertainment: .223 Rem, 30-06, 38 spcl, 357 mag/max, 358 MGP, 35 Whelen, and soon the 358 Norma Mag. I can't right now I am going hunting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 01:31 PM

Not really. Some weird thing I was given as a kid, I don't even know exactly what it was. Since then, no.
I used to work at a local mall during my senior year. Had this cafeteria restaurant in there, go down the line with a tray, pay at the end. My preference for drinks was tea, but it was unsweetened and already iced, so I'd get milk, which came in little 1/2 pint cartons, I'd get two.
Eat half the meal, down a carton, eat the other half, down the second carton. I didn't have much time. So I'm chugging down the first carton when I realize it has texture. I stop, mouth full. It's feels about like jello that's half ready. Gone bad. I smell it, it stinks. Well, no glass, can't get back in that little opening, I just swallowed it.
Yes, the other one smelled the same. Just ate the rest of the, meal dry and went back to work.

That didn't make me heave, or even nauseous.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:47 PM

Nope.
I have eaten some things that tasted like dung but simply do not eat it ever again, or more than one bite after I find out.
Lutefisk tastes just fine but getting used to the texture is hard.

RR
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 09:51 PM

Boiled turnips. Love the greens but boil the root and a hurling I will go!
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:55 PM

Location: Smack Dab in the middle of God's Country! Saskatchewan, Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
Not really. Some weird thing I was given as a kid, I don't even know exactly what it was. Since then, no.
I used to work at a local mall during my senior year. Had this cafeteria restaurant in there, go down the line with a tray, pay at the end. My preference for drinks was tea, but it was unsweetened and already iced, so I'd get milk, which came in little 1/2 pint cartons, I'd get two.
Eat half the meal, down a carton, eat the other half, down the second carton. I didn't have much time. So I'm chugging down the first carton when I realize it has texture. I stop, mouth full. It's feels about like jello that's half ready. Gone bad. I smell it, it stinks. Well, no glass, can't get back in that little opening, I just swallowed it.
Yes, the other one smelled the same. Just ate the rest of the, meal dry and went back to work.

That didn't make me heave, or even nauseous.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
You had discovered YOGURT!

I am ONLY responsible for what I say
I am NOT responsible for what you THINK I said
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 10:08 AM

Can't say that anything affected me that fast. Have had food poisoning several times, but that didn't hit me until an hour or 2 later. I did see my brother have a reaction like that once. We had some raw oysters, which mom, dad and I really enjoyed. My brother, not so much. This was during the holidays, so he had bought over his son and daughter, about 9 and 12 at the time. He was trying to convince them, to try anything at least once before forming an opinion. He put one on a cracker with a couple drops of hot sauce like the way I like them. Didn't even make it half way down, off to the races. Could hear him in the bathroom retching up like a dog that ate a rotten gut pile. I started laughing so hard, like now just remembering it, I had tears coming down my face. But the funniest part, was when my mom looked at my niece and nephew, and wanted them to try some any way. The look on their faces, I think they would have crawled into a vat of boiling oil before eating an oyster. That made me laugh even harder. Oh well, more for me!gypsyman

We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!! Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:43 PM

I guess that built a memory of the family holidays!

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 09:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to JimP. Send a message via Yahoo to JimP.

Phillippine balut aged 6 weeks or more underground.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page