Graybeard Outdoors banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(5.0 - 207 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    0 Posts
    I just saw this message as well. I have a Cabela's/Investarm percussion lock and double set triggers. They are still new on the gun. I have no problem sending parts first. You can also check my feedback on GunBroker, 100%, been selling and buying on there for years. If interested in doing a trade, I can send pics.
    Thanks, Tad

· Registered
    0 Posts
    I have a new Cabelas/Investarms Percussion lock and double trigger set. Would you be willing to trade for the Thunderhawk?
    Tad (269) 275-7777

· Registered
    867 Posts
    If you still want the T/C 15/16ths breech plug, I will ship it to you for $30.
    Dave Steigerwald, 223 Oakey Avenue, Greendale, Indiana 47025.

Thanks

· Registered
    272 Posts
    Exactly how big are you that the bomber jacket does not fit ,as I am only 5ft 7/150 lbs ? email eekjellander@gmail.com Photo?

· Premium Member
    3,290 Posts
    T/C used the same size lock on all their full-size guns so, your lock will work just fine. sometimes the fit may be a bit tight or may even require a scrape here & there on the inlet but mostly just a drop-in swap.

if the buttplate on yer plastic stock is removable you can take some kids modelin' clay, mash up a pound or two of shot in it, wrap it tightly in a good plastic bag to fill the buttstock for some weight to help tame recoil. if it has little spaces in the barrel-channel end of the fore-arm smaller bags can be squoze into those as well.

luck to ya & have a good'en neighbor, bubba.

· Registered
    1,225 Posts
    Hey Bubba,
    I'm still cobbling together a TC Hawken up here in Roanoke and was wondering if a percussion lock from a TC New Englander would fit and function on my rifle's stock?
    I appreciate you opinion because of your familiarity with these. Thanks,
    Jimmy Hoer
    Roanoke, VA
    P.S. That scope mount works great. I've got it mounted on a CVA Mountain stalker in .54 cal. The buttstock is too light, and it kicks like ****, but the bullets hit where the crosshairs sit at 50 yards.

· Premium Member
    3,290 Posts
    with this new ****** up forum system I have no idea that it'll get to ya but, here goes.

if yer still gettin' black patches after cleanin' ya might try usin' a T/C breechplug scraper on yer rod to clean what T/C calls the "combustion chamber" and also use a brush or flat scraper to get in the corners good where the plug & barrel come together. in order to throw them together fast & cheap T/C used kinda "generous" tolerances & there's often a gap in this area between the face of the plug & where the inner face of the threaded part of the barrel instead of buttin' up together good.

if yer usin' maxi-balls or lee reals or lyman plains bullets or similar it's not too unusual to have a bit of lead show on yer patches. I've never seen the need or any advantage to it but, some say it helps them to use a wad 'tween the powder & bullet. as long as it cleans up good & don't adversely affect shootin' or accuracy I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    luck to ya & have a good'en, bubba.

· Registered
    63 Posts
    Hope you had a Merry Christmas Bubba.

I was wondering....When I patch clean my .54 Hawken. I can never get the last bits of black off the patch. I also usually have some lead on the patch on the first pass. Is this normal?

Mike
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…