August Longrange rimfire match at Topstraps Rimfire Challenge Range - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Default August Longrange rimfire match at Topstraps Rimfire Challenge Range

Hi everyone, time again for another fun filled but challenging longrange rimfire match at the World Famous Topstraps Rimfire Challenge range in East Ohio near St. Clairsville.

Like always you'll need 100 rounds of your best (no more than $8.00/50) box of ammo based on Champions Shooters Supply website. If ya gotta sneak high priced stuff into a Remington Bulk box to win you gotta sleep with yourself and live with it. Trying to keep this fun and challenging.

No fancy benchrest type front or rear rests or tuners, if you wanna shoot a pistol a rear mono-pod is OK unless the masses say they don't want them and I'll think it over. Trying to keep it fun for most everyone and keep the all out equipment race types out of it. Any 22 rimfire rifle/scope is allowed, we figure Mother Nature will play her part and make the shooters earn each target even with the best equipment.

All steel swinging steel plate racks from 25 yards to 197 yards with racks every 12 1/2 yards. There will probably be a stage or two that may let a shooter make a couple decisions on which target to shoot but nothing crazy. All shooting will be from a wooden bench under a covered firing line. Might also be a surprise for my last stage of targets.

Dates will be August 19, 20 and 21st. Probably get started around 8:30 or 9:00 in the morning and shoot all day. Two benches so a slight wait might happen but you can watch, help spot and score or shoot the breeze with others while waiting. BS is welcome and shared so be prepared.

I'll throw your name for each entry into a hat and draw for a brick of Wolf MT at the end of the match. The winner will get their entry fee of $10.00 back and a box of Wolf MT that I actually touched and handled and possibly mixed some various types of ammo in to help the rest of us win next time. Biggest thing to win is bragging rights and trying to improve yourself each time you shoot.

Located on the East side of Ohio not too far West of Wheeling WV right off I-70.

There are some pictures of previous matches and videos down in the Longrange section of Rimfire Central. Don't be skeered, come try it out and maybe you'll surprise yourself. Heck, I even shoot a pistol against the rifles sometimes so it can't be that hard.

Topstrap (Dennis) [email protected]

Beware the bearer of a "Short Stick"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYrrYSivvGg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page