PT111 vs 709FS Slim ???? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Default PT111 vs 709FS Slim ????

Which would you prefer? I tend to favor the extra capacity of the PT111, am not concerned with concealability. Both are on sale at Cabelas for 199.99.

2120-September 1, 1945
To: D A MacArthur /C H Nimitz
Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional , illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of cr*p by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to the Truman Museum and Harry himself, you and I finally have a full understanding of what "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" really means.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

I have a long history with Taurus guns, Personally I won't trust my safety to any gun with the Taurus name on it. I know it's not what you were wanting to hear but after owning a bunch of Taurus guns it's the way I feel about them.

Get a Ruger or S&W instead. S&W makes the Shield and Ruger the LC9 and LCP plus the LC380. You'll be far better served with them. Also the newer SCCY pronounced SKY is a low price high quality option.

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

I'm still considering getting one. Don't like 9mm but Cabelas has them on sale for $199.99 in 9mm only. I recently completed a survey for a GBO advertiser. A short time later I received an email that I was one of five respondents who had been selected to receive a $200 Cabelas gift card. I think a free 9mm pistol might be worth having.

2120-September 1, 1945
Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional , illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of cr*p by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to the Truman Museum and Harry himself, you and I finally have a full understanding of what "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" really means.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 03:14 PM

Which did you end up with? I have the 709 Slim and it has been trouble free and shoots excellent. I have quite a few higher $$ alternatives, but I shoot this one real well.

LAZERMULE

If I would have asked the people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse....-Henry Ford
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Got the PT111, but I haven't fired it yet. Maybe next spring.

2120-September 1, 1945

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 11:19 PM

Lazer I have read reports of the 709 having FTF with some regularity ? Have you experienced that issue ?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 09:39 AM

Default No Problems at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Stacy View Post
Lazer I have read reports of the 709 having FTF with some regularity ? Have you experienced that issue ?
I haven't had any issues. Shortly after shooting a box or two through it, I did fully disassemble it and clean and polish the ramp, barrel and chamber with some Flitz polish on a drill mandrel. Not sure if that helped, but it's just something I do to all of my guns and have had good luck with it.

It truly is a great gun for the $$ I'd buy another in a heartbeat if needed.

LM

LAZERMULE

If I would have asked the people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse....-Henry Ford
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 12:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to MGMorden

I've got both - the only thing the 709 gives you is it's thinner. If that doesn't matter to you the PT-111 G2 has higher capacity and is easier to shoot.

I will say that I've put enough rounds through the PT-111 G2 to trust it. The 709 I've only put a box of ammo through - no failures but that's not a lot of testing to really say I "trust" it yet.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 02:30 PM

I have the PT111 it fills my hand better and carries nice, the only draw back it don't fit in my jeans pocket. Enjoy and shoot it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in