Graybeard Outdoors banner

Tarus tx 22

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Rex in OTZ 
#1 ·
I just purchased one of these guns have not shot yet,. I like the configuration of the gun and grip trigger is crisp.
It came wih 2 16 rnd mags. I am going to mount a reflex sight than put it through its paces.

#2 ·
Keep us informed! That weapon has gotten a lot of good press but it would be nice to get an opinion from a member. One we know is unbiased! :tango_face_wink:

#4 ·
I tell ya, with it being a full (duty) sized handgun, with good ergonomics and as good a trigger as you described, if I were in the market for a 22 pistol gun that one would be pretty tempting! :tango_face_grin:

'course the only time I carry a 22 handgun nowadays is when I'm trapping. And I only do it then because Jawja law requires it. I any event, I've got a Browning Buckmark for that! :tango_face_wink:

But I like the looks of the TX! If I were still able to get out and just plink around I would seriously consider one.

#5 ·
I like the looks of it. Has some good features too!

That 16+! capacity sure would be fun for plinking. Mags are reasonably priced. Would make a good trainer to go with one of the centerfire poly guns. Available with or without a manual safety. And a $50.00 rebate thru 9-30.

#7 · (Edited)
I put in a order for one.
Im jazzed about it.
Over the years Id picked up 3 other Taurus products.
So far Im happy with them.
The Taurus 72 carbine I bought NEW was a real plasant surprise.
For such a small carbine its big on performance.
Ive shot a few .22 magnum rifles over the years.
None Id really peg as tack drivers.
The stubby 72 changed my vew of the a .22 magnum cartridge & ho hum accuracy.

#8 ·
Ive had the TX-22 for almost a month, its been out quite a few times w the kids, I tried my hand with it and it functions great, the plastic rear adjustable sight is a bummer, you need a really small slotted screw driver to adjust the sight.
Next time Im at the range I need to bring along that screw driver as the sights are off POA.
At least It groups consistantly.
Just need to adjust the sights.

#9 · (Edited)
Well I brought along the tiny slotted screw driver required to adjust the all plastic rear sight.
At 15yds it was hitting high 2.5" and left 4".
I dialed in the sight, it makes the nicest clean click and moves wonderfully.
The down side is the first shot is right on the money, the rest the rounds cause the sight to wander off like a grazing cow.
Upon inspection at home I pulled the sight off to see what was the matter.
The detents wont hold the sight zero.
It seems recoil causes the detents to jump and they wander.

2 ways to address this issue.
#1: replace the rear sight. ☆☆
#2: set the sight exactly where you want it with witness marks and try one shot.
If its on target.
Set it to your witniss mark and remove the sight, apply a couple drops of super glue to the adjuster mechanism and let dry.
Reinstall sight as a non adjustable fixed sight.

☆☆I did not contact Taurus about the new TX-22 handgun with the waltzing matilda rear sight.
I purchased a new set of Lakeline LLC fiberoptic sughts instead.
The rear sight is windage adjustable only via a allen set screw.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1160223&=1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.