Taurus G2C - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Default Taurus G2C

Went to a gunshow 2 weeks ago not looking for anything specific, but had a bit of cash in my wallet. I'd gotten about halfway thru the show without spending anything when I saw a new in the box G2C on a dealer's table for an almost unbelieveable price. Not really "needing" one I passed on by. Even passed it on my second go round of the show - but I couldn't put that price out of my mind.

Finally went back to the table and talked to the dealer. He's a reputable dealer and goes to all the local shows, but I still had to ask how he could price it so low. Turns out he is retired from a career in banking and has connections to buy occasional bank foreclosure merchandise. So I became the proud owner (or at least the owner!) of a G2C! Weather's been so bad I've only run a few magazines of hardball thru it so far, but no problems at all.

The only problem seems to be holsters, which really surprised me because they've sold truckloads of these things the last few years. I went on Midway's site, used the holster finder and came up with a grand total of 9 holsters for it - all besides one are more or less cheap holsters of the type you try once and throw in the big holster box never to be used again.

After more research it appears there are a lot of independent one man operations making (mostly kydex) holsters for it, but almost nothing from the major holster makers. After doing more research it looks like some of the leather holsters made for the Glock 26 may be a decent fit. I ordered one from Midway and we'll see how it works out when it gets here next week.

Anyone else have any suggestions for a leather open top OWB to fit it without spending big bucks for custom made?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
Went to a gunshow 2 weeks ago not looking for anything specific, but had a bit of cash in my wallet. I'd gotten about halfway thru the show without spending anything when I saw a new in the box G2C on a dealer's table for an almost unbelieveable price. Not really "needing" one I passed on by. Even passed it on my second go round of the show - but I couldn't put that price out of my mind.

Finally went back to the table and talked to the dealer. He's a reputable dealer and goes to all the local shows, but I still had to ask how he could price it so low. Turns out he is retired from a career in banking and has connections to buy occasional bank foreclosure merchandise. So I became the proud owner (or at least the owner!) of a G2C! Weather's been so bad I've only run a few magazines of hardball thru it so far, but no problems at all.

The only problem seems to be holsters, which really surprised me because they've sold truckloads of these things the last few years. I went on Midway's site, used the holster finder and came up with a grand total of 9 holsters for it - all besides one are more or less cheap holsters of the type you try once and throw in the big holster box never to be used again.

After more research it appears there are a lot of independent one man operations making (mostly kydex) holsters for it, but almost nothing from the major holster makers. After doing more research it looks like some of the leather holsters made for the Glock 26 may be a decent fit. I ordered one from Midway and we'll see how it works out when it gets here next week.

Anyone else have any suggestions for a leather open top OWB to fit it without spending big bucks for custom made?

I use a Versacarry No. 4 with my G2c. It works great.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll take a look at it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page