White Muzzleloading Systems - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Default Re: White Muzzleloading Systems

Whoa fellas! Let me step back in here. I greatly appreciate all the help and advice I've received. I've really learned a bunch. I can get conicals from No Excuses and some other sources, I can use Pyrodex or 777 successfully, I understand the principle of a slip fit barrel and I'm beginning to understand the value (not just the monetary value, but values such as workmanship, accuracy, ease and forgiveness) of the White. I also understand the company is no longer in business - so breakage may be a factor - although it's not really a consideration - really, I've got very little in the rifle - if it breaks, well, I'll cross that bridge when/if I get to it. I also understand that in a pinch I should get reasonable accuracy with a sabot even with the high twist rate in the barrel.

I now own this rifle based on factors I was looking for - short barrel, stainless barrel, composite stock, caliber smaller than 50, and believe it or not for the reason that it's "bolt handle" is on the left side - and the fact that it was right in front of me for a good price didn't hurt. As I write this I am still undecided what to do but at least I know it is a shootable piece with available fodder. While I consider what is next I will take the time to thoroughly research the muzzle loader "world". So by all means, please continue with advice and options. Again, thanks to all!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 07:47 PM

Good going zara_puppy!!!!! You got a steal on a nice squirrel rifle there. ;D

From another DWB, it would be a mistake if you sell it. Learn about it and shoot it, it'll become your favorite and you'll know that the Chief speaks the truth.
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:03 PM

I've had three Whites, now own two(S91 504 and 451), all are/were shooters. You got a heck of a deal and a heck of rifle....nice job 8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

I got it out (yes, it's still in the case and in the box!) a little bit ago to see how well the fiber optics picked up the light. Man, this dude 'holds' good. Not muzzle heavy like most muzzle loaders. The sights looked like they had lights hitting them. I don't know how much longer I can resist shooting it! I happen to have #11's on hand - from a borrowed muzzleloader last year and of course the rifle came with bullets - 20 of them. I know where to get a pound of Pyrodex P (from what I understand the preferred powder). I also have a scale that's accurate to within 1/10 of a grain - I hand load for my Redhawk. So I have everything I need. Although it's pretty short it feels like it would be good out to 100 yards (maybe just under) without a scope. I'm trying to fight the urge...... :
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:24 PM

I'm sorry for the disruption. It got a little out of hand. I've had a couple bad days.

I've really got to quit hanging out on these message boards.

Good luck with your new rifle.
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:25 PM

Zara,
Now you did it ;D Be prepared for the powder flames :

Edited: pay attention to the advise Chief gives 8)
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:30 PM

zara_puppy!!!!!

Welcome to the world of DWB's! As you can see WH hates us! He hates Whites and everything about them!

So WHAT!

Hay! You got a great deal on a GREAT RIFLE! I own G-Series Whitetail Hunter in .504! I also have a Super 91 in .504! Both are great rifles. White never made a lot of rifles. They never were main stream. Nay Sayer's always want to point that out. Then there's the "where are you going to get parts?" GEZZ! What's to break? I've never had a deer walk from a 460 grain NoExcuses! I've never own a muzzleloader that you could shot and load well over 30 time with out swabing or cleaning! Accuracy is world class! Killing power is WORLD class!

Welcome aboard zara_puppy!!!!!

WH! We'd thought you'd have learned by now! ;D

Surveyor! aka DWB!

I''m A Dirty White Boy and I''m Proud Of It!
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:42 PM

Wolfhound,,,,sorry for the harsh words. Life's too short for the petty crap.
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

It's all good, guys. No harm has been done here and a bunch of information has been obtained - and I thank you all!! So - here are a couple of questions for those that know - First - what are the two small set screws on the right side of the barrel opposite the 'chamber'. Second - the very back end of the barrel - it's knurled so you can take it apart for cleaning and inspection. That only gets "finger tightened" - correct?

Thanks again (and many thanks to come, I'm sure).
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 11:26 PM

http://www.whitemuzzleloading.com/products.htm

You got a good deal. They are good guns. Don't break it, you probably can't get parts.

If it breaks, buy yourself a Knight Wolverine.

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page