First CNC run of Brass Forend spacers - Page 12 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEK_22Hornet View Post
I really need to get back to working on this project - I've been way too lazy lately. On the steel, I will work on the program and see if I can find a good set of feeds and speeds to make some from steel. I picked up some 1018 bar stock as well as some 4130, so I have a couple options to work with. On shipping to Canada please send me a pm again and we can discuss that further.
It's May 2018.. Are you still selling the brass forend spacers? Is the price still the same?

Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 11:04 AM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Ok - I got everything to come together to run a few brass spacers on my CNC mill. Here are some photos. The fit pretty good, a little snug right now on my 20 gauge shotgun test mule. I can tweak the program to adjust it but thought I'd get some feedback from everyone. Let me know what you think. Before you ask, yes i would love to make some trigger guards in brass, but I'm a long way from even starting a project like that. I'm just a hobbyist just now learning CNC and 3d cad cam.
Are these parts available for purchase , and if so could I get contact information.?
Also would you ship to Canada as they are not a restricted part?
Thank you in advance.
post #113 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Yes I am still making these as well as the brass trigger guards. PM me for details. Delivery varies - this is a hobby so I work on them when I can and I'm really slow in the winter. - Dan

Dan - Handi's - 157 22 Hornet Mannlicher Stock, 157 30-30 Mannlicher stock, 45LC Buffalo Classic Carbine with 22K-Hornet and .357 Max Talo barrels, 45-70 Buffalo Classic, 204 Ruger Ultra with Fluted Barrel, 223, 12 Gauge Topper Deluxe Classic, 20 gauge TDC, 20 Gauge Topper Junior Classic, Pardner .410 Youth, 17HMR Sportster, .357 Mag Handi...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 09:38 PM

I have a Model 157 .30-30. I would love to have the brass trigger guard and spacer, IF I could get the barrel end stock piece in brass as well. Have you considered it?
post #115 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnGazer View Post
I have a Model 157 .30-30. I would love to have the brass trigger guard and spacer, IF I could get the barrel end stock piece in brass as well. Have you considered it?

I also have 2 model 157 rifles - a 30-30 and a 22H - so I have considered it - would love to make them but have not even started drawing them up figure out how to do it. I keep thinking about it so it may happen - but not real soon.

Dan - Handi's - 157 22 Hornet Mannlicher Stock, 157 30-30 Mannlicher stock, 45LC Buffalo Classic Carbine with 22K-Hornet and .357 Max Talo barrels, 45-70 Buffalo Classic, 204 Ruger Ultra with Fluted Barrel, 223, 12 Gauge Topper Deluxe Classic, 20 gauge TDC, 20 Gauge Topper Junior Classic, Pardner .410 Youth, 17HMR Sportster, .357 Mag Handi...
post #116 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 11:31 PM

“Good things take time” I always say.
post #117 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Thanks guys - I have 6 from this batch left - I'm getting $20 each unfinished - you sand and polish the way you want, or $30 each sanded and polished. I'll ship these to the us only for $5. I'm hoping to run a new set of programs this weekend that should improve the finish both outside and in the hinge area. I've only got enough brass for a couple more parts, then I have to order more.
Dan
Please reply to my email address
Because this is the only way to contact you
I need to buy the brass CNC gasket you sold.
[email protected]
post #118 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Yes I am still making these as well as the brass trigger guards. PM me for details. Delivery varies - this is a hobby so I work on them when I can and I'm really slow in the winter. - Dan

Sent PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page