Winchester 350 Legend - Page 17 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #161 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
and the consensus at least so far is 223 basic wont work.

My interpretation is that it might work once or twice, but probably not a good idea.

Go Donald Go!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:58 AM

But @ a cost of 45-60c each for LOADED FMJ ammo... (at least to me) This negates the "need" for brass purchases.

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
post #163 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
But @ a cost of 45-60c each for LOADED FMJ ammo... (at least to me) This negates the "need" for brass purchases.

CW

No doubt!

Go Donald Go!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #164 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:42 PM

I picked up two magazines tonight.

In about ten minutes, i disassembled and modified internals and re assembled. Now its a 350 Legend magazine. In about five minutes, I did ghe same to the second magazine!

Both load and strip off slick n easy. Both fit loaded full of dummy rounds in AR’s and a Mossberg mvp.

Cost total 26$

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
post #165 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:47 AM

I think I have read everything there is out there to read about the legend...my question is,if you already own and shoot the Max and the 35 Rem,then what is the point...ar compatible,well,for most folks ar's are fun-guns...ammo wasters in my opinion...most serious hunters in the straight wall only states shoot either bolt or single shot...want more speed out of a straight wall than you can get from the Max,the 375 Win would be my first choice...I must confess that I did jump.on the Bushmaster bandwagon but only because Ruger offered it in a LH Ranch Rifle and southpaw big bore bolt production guns are quite limited...I am pretty sure I will never personally have any use for the legend myself.
post #166 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 05:30 AM

Quote:

In about ten minutes, i disassembled and modified internals and re assembled. Now its a 350 Legend magazine. In about five minutes, I did ghe same to the second magazine!

Both load and strip off slick n easy. Both fit loaded full of dummy rounds in ARís and a Mossberg mvp.

Cost total 26$

CW
So you modified AR mags to feed 350 Legend ammo?
post #167 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender1975 View Post
I think I have read everything there is out there to read about the legend...my question is,if you already own and shoot the Max and the 35 Rem,then what is the point...ar compatible,well,for most folks ar's are fun-guns...ammo wasters in my opinion...most serious hunters in the straight wall only states shoot either bolt or single shot...want more speed out of a straight wall than you can get from the Max,the 375 Win would be my first choice...I must confess that I did jump.on the Bushmaster bandwagon but only because Ruger offered it in a LH Ranch Rifle and southpaw big bore bolt production guns are quite limited...I am pretty sure I will never personally have any use for the legend myself.
Tender,

In less regulated states, you aren't wrong. Its not for everyone, but 357AR/350L do a few things that those cartridges don't:
35Rem and 375Win aren't legal in the Midwest states with 1.8" and straight wall regulations
357Max is single shot only - no bolts to handle the rim

They aren't just AR compatible, they're bolt-gun compatible with any short-action with the 223 bolt face.

Personally, I think the 357AR is great, for a handloader that is OK making cases. In my case, I'm good with that, but not my whole family is. In this case, while I might have wanted an 357AR last year, a 350L is more likely to share ammo and components with that my dad would be shooting. I'm also not opposed to the engineering benefits of the 350L's larger base increasing body taper over a 223 parent.

Terry
post #168 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:

Both load and strip off slick n easy. Both fit loaded full of dummy rounds in ARís and a Mossberg mvp.

Cost total 26$

CW
CW

I'm assuming you bought Pmags and removed the front bullet guiding rib flush with the body? I've been considering the same $12 experiment.

Thanks,
Terry
post #169 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:54 AM

It's been reported for quite a while that the mags are easily converted from 223 to legend and quite a few guys have been doing it...

DM

Lincolns legacy is, he freed the slaves

Obama's legacy will be, he freed the terrorist!
post #170 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

CW sent me these pics last night.

Thanks, Dinny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0_1557505794674.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	230220  

Name:	imagejpeg_1_1557505873228.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	230222  

Name:	579128629_1557505881938.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	230224  

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page