Winchester 350 Legend - Page 18 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:44 PM

Dang, you guys are making me want one now....

Go Donald Go!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender1975 View Post
I think I have read everything there is out there to read about the legend...my question is,if you already own and shoot the Max and the 35 Rem,then what is the point...ar compatible,well,for most folks ar's are fun-guns...ammo wasters in my opinion...most serious hunters in the straight wall only states shoot either bolt or single shot...want more speed out of a straight wall than you can get from the Max,the 375 Win would be my first choice...I must confess that I did jump.on the Bushmaster bandwagon but only because Ruger offered it in a LH Ranch Rifle and southpaw big bore bolt production guns are quite limited...I am pretty sure I will never personally have any use for the legend myself.
I agree, of course I have two Maxis as well and I think it is the bees knees. Very easy to reload and can fire 38 spec 357 mag 357 DW and of course the Max. I guess the big thing in my book with this Legend is the ability for a bolt fed rifle, nothing more. I don't feel the versatility will be of the max and no where as easy to reload for. Granted I do feel it will be cheaper to reload for. Would I buy a Legend? Absolutely. For an investment standpoint. Keep it in box and sell it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Handis 223 Superlight, 357 Maxi x 2,
Pardners 410 22''full, 20ga Tamer, 20ga 20' threaded for chokes youth model, Pardner 12ga 18.5 threaded for chokes.
too many numerous ones that have been sold
post #173 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:47 PM

I picked up a new 350L Ruger compact bolt rifle the other day, I'm impressed with it so far but I've not shot the rifle yet. I do reload and this new caliber intrigues me, and I will reload it once reloading data is available. I found 140 rounds of WWB 145gr ammo for $62 that's $9 @ box of 20 so I have brass for reloading. Ruger did a great job on the rifle and fit and finish is very good, the mag fits well and AR15 mags lock right in the same but the feed lips need to modified a bit to work smoothly. I removed the trigger and tweaked the spring a bit and got it down to 2.5 lbs. Looking forward to shooting it in the next week, hopefully it does well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:05 AM

Data is EASY... 357 MAX and start low compare cap of the cases...

I was just gonna post up and ask if anyone was reloading it yet.

I am waiting on mine still and just putting together pieces.

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
post #175 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:01 PM

Has the average water capacity of several fired 350 Legend case been posted and verified? The initial capacity should be more than a 357Max/357AR because of the longer case of the 350Legend. Since they're loaded to similar (and in the case of the 357AR the same) COL the usable case capacity is going to be very close but possibly slightly more given the larger base diameter if the case walls are a similar thickness.

350 Legend, Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Aww, Thanks Winchester!
post #176 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleman View Post
Has the average water capacity of several fired 350 Legend case been posted and verified?
CW could do that for us. He doesn't have a rifle yet but I'm sure he does have a vice and an automatic center punch....

I'm sure it's safe, Manny 'n Red test all their ammo thata way

Thanks, Dinny

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem
post #177 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:18 PM

Test loaded ammo? Never, cuts into profit margin.

BB

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

MINE: 44 Bodeen Belted Magnum PI (Profino Improved), 44 Bodeen Rimmed, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 26" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, Tracker II 20 gashorty, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 10 gaPardner Smoothbore slug gun, 10ga Pardner Turkey & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Active Trader until: July 25, 2013
post #178 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:33 PM

I hope it has a good following here. I'm very interested in seeing what you guys can do with it. I agree with moleman, I don't think its gonna blow the doors off the 357 Max. Hopefully the bullet manufacturers will give you guys more options.
post #179 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:23 PM

I've been asking around locally and no sightings yet of gun nor ammo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
post #180 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:47 AM

My rifle is shipping! Should grt it early next week!

Gonna have to wait as I wont buy LEE dies again. Too many failures. Hoping Reddings are soon. Ill next size with 9/38 dies to start.

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page